And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2014, 03:56:02 PM
:hmm:

The theme is conveyed well, and I didn't mind playing it.  It didn't engage me in terms of being an interesting or challenging game to play.  Good entertainment (if you like Firefly), not so good game.

celedhring

Firefly bored me to tears, and I loved the series. It's not really a good game.

Syt

Thanks for the feedback. I'll put this on the back burner, then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hansmeister

Unfortunately, I have to agree on Firefly, mainly because the game plays like a solitary game since no interaction between players is necessary. The latest expansion is supposed to fix it but I'm not willing to spend the money to find out.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

One of those five armies better be the 2nd Panzer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Hansmeister

Apparently GW is rye releasing Space Hulk,  though at $125 it is a little bit pricey.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, but it's going to get swept up fast, you watch.  I regret not grabbing it the first time around.

Anyway, looks like MMP wants to clean out the warehouse.

National Butterscotch Pudding Day Sale

Hello from MMP!

Friday, September 19th is National Butterscotch Pudding Day. Coincidentally, we happen to love butterscotch pudding here at MMP and in our opinion, the only thing better than a cup of creamy, brown sugar goodness with a dollop of fresh whipped cream is a National Butterscotch Pudding Day Sale from MMP!

Starting at 8 AM, Friday, September 19th, MMP will be offering a select number of our games in ziplock format. See below for the list of games. All the components are there, except the box and dice. Save some money and pick up a second copy of your favorite title or get that OOP game for a reduced price.

International Buyers! Please note, not only are you saving on a reduced price for the game, but shipping costs should also be lower since there is no box!

The List...
Below you will find the list of ziplock games we plan to offer during the National Butterscotch Pudding Day Sale. As you can imagine, some supplies are limited but the sale will remain in effect until the boss pulls the plug, so get yours while you can!

Storm Over Stalingrad ($22)
Armies of Oblivion ($80)
Rock of the Marne ($20)
Canadian Crucible ($26)
Afrika ($30)
Doomed Battalions ($60)
Yom Kippur ($20)
Operation Watchtower (ASL Historical Study) ($40)
Breakthrough: Cambrai ($20)
Stalingrad Pocket 2 ($25)
Bloody Ridge ($20)
Burma ($28)
The Mighty Endeavor: Expanded Edition ($30)

Ed Anger

Time to load up on more games that I'll never play.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 13, 2014, 08:03:15 PM
Apparently GW is rye releasing Space Hulk,  though at $125 it is a little bit pricey.

GW are so ridiculously overpriced. 125 bucks is insane, no matter how many cheap plastic minis they load the box with.

Space Hulk is *the* game of my childhood, though, alongside Hero Quest.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

I didn't buy shit. That and all the good stuff was gone.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Delirium

Agree on Firefly. Love the setting, game severely overwrought. Am selling my copy and looking for buyers. :)

We are playing the Prague campaign game now (although play is not exactly fast-paced), I have Fontenoy and Lobositz plus the Primer and Monmouth is on its way. This is the new Prussian black, this BAR thing.

Also Won by the Sword made its way here, but I am holding off on even opening it until they fix it.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2014, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2014, 09:45:56 PM

I didn't buy shit. That and all the good stuff was gone.

MMP's customer base is sillier than most.