News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

lol, that looks like old school PanzerBlitz style, too.  That should narrow it down to somebody around 50 and eliminate the Assburger generation Eurogamers.

Ed Anger

Bank? Should be a white on black counter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

From Noble Knight:

QuoteLa Bataille d'Austerlitz (Ziplock) VG+ $1,395.00

Silly.

Habbaku

And yet there is certainly someone who would pay that for it.  :frog:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Yeah, but you just hold on to it and then resell it in two years at a 15% margin.

Habbaku

My latest success at flipping was buying one of Marshal Games' latest releases a couple months ago, then selling it for double ~2 weeks ago.  I then re-invested that in buying all three of the Finnish Trilogy.  That should be worth something in a year.   :bowler:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Those Finnish games look awesome.

Habbaku

Apparently the first one is actually a good game, too.  Not typically what happens with monsters of that level, but...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

They finally got the first game to print?  Going to have to look into that.

Maladict

Has anyone played The Dark Valley? The reviews seem to be really positive.  :hmm:

frunk

Those interested in deckbuilders and baseball games should check out Baseball Highlights: 2045.  It's currently being kickstarted with an estimated delivery date in September.  It's already reached its first stretch goal after only a few days on KS.  I've played the prototype and it is a hell of a lot of fun.  This is not a simulation, so if you are expecting to play out every pitch you'll be disappointed.  This preview by the designer of Race for the Galaxy describes it quite well.

They'll be selling additional copies beyond the KS, so if you don't like getting involved in that type of speculation you can wait until September for the normal published version.

Ed Anger

I made the mistake of reading the counter clipping thread at BGG. Now I want to clip every damn counter I have.

Tamas

After my family, what I miss most of the things I have left behind in Hungary is my gaming table. :(
It is quite a luxury around here to get a big enough flat/house to have a proper one, so not sure when it will happen. :(

I would kindly ask you to stop discussing stuff in this thread until  that happens.

I will let you know when you can recommence discussion, in a few years time.

kthxbye

Ed Anger

You picked a bad time to ask. I'm about to enter a BUYING FRENZY.

CountDeMoney

Me too, Ed.  What're you looking at?