News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Yes. I'm still going through their selection.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

My brain is telling me to comparison shop.

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2013, 07:18:45 PM
My brain is telling me to comparison shop.

Then get Over There.  On sale now for half off.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

My March To Victory and Over There are just sitting around, waiting for the right time to meet that special person that wants to pay through the nose for them.

11B4V

Ordered Summer storm and Fateful Lightning from Noble.

Fuck, i cant wait to see this map.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
Try WW1, then.  Your boys over at Decision have reprinted the entire Der Weltkrieg collection.
Get your Austria Hungary on.

Which is the best of those?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2013, 07:42:47 PM

Then you need to get the expansion for Summer Storm, The Devil's To Pay.  Has overlap maps to extend the battle to include the Dillsburg action.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 07, 2013, 07:44:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
Try WW1, then.  Your boys over at Decision have reprinted the entire Der Weltkrieg collection.
Get your Austria Hungary on.

Which is the best of those?

I'm partial to the Eastern Front and Italian Front action.  If you pick up the Eastern Front reprint, you get all those previous games that included Galicia, Tannenberg and the Serbs, all that stuff.  Italian Front hooks up to it, so you can do all the Balkans action from Trieste down to the Ottoman border.  How can you not love hot Balkan WW1 action?

If you don't get the whole enchilada at once, I'd go Eastern Front, Italian Front then Ottoman or Western, depending on your tastes. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2013, 08:11:08 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2013, 07:42:47 PM

Then you need to get the expansion for Summer Storm, The Devil's To Pay.  Has overlap maps to extend the battle to include the Dillsburg action.

cool
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Lets see what the Polish take on Kursk is. OOB looks desent. Map area looks good. Rules look clean.

Ed Anger

OMG, white on black counters. nazi glorification!!!!!!

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2013, 06:09:33 PM
OMG, white on black counters. nazi glorification!!!!!!

Eh, blame the Poles..er I mean Marti  :D

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 09, 2013, 06:09:33 PM
OMG, white on black counters. Chicago White Sox glorification!!!!!!

FYP