News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on February 23, 2013, 06:35:03 PM
I've been thinking about a concept for a boardgame; now I've had an idea about how I can implement game mechanics.

How much of my time shall I waste on this product, given that something like one in 15-20 general boardgames have any success ? :unsure:

There's a local college here that offer non-credit courses in board game design, with the final project of the semester to create your own game.
I'd probably fail on attendance.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on February 23, 2013, 07:17:34 PM
Never know till you try.

Yeah, but it's a lot of money to first pay someone to do all of the artwork and then the small matter of an initial 'print run'.   :hmm:

Oh and it's a 'family' game so no interest to anyone here, not a black on white 5-6-6 counter to be seen.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 23, 2013, 07:57:08 PM
Quote from: mongers on February 23, 2013, 06:35:03 PM
I've been thinking about a concept for a boardgame; now I've had an idea about how I can implement game mechanics.

How much of my time shall I waste on this product, given that something like one in 15-20 general boardgames have any success ? :unsure:

There's a local college here that offer non-credit courses in board game design, with the final project of the semester to create your own game.
I'd probably fail on attendance.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea. 

Not directed at you, but given the historical nerdism+ number of opinions on games most people have here, I'd think that most of us would have at least one reasonable or fairly decent idea for a boardgame. 

I don't know why more of us, other than Grumbler and our resident videogame designers, haven't tried even just prototype games for further play testing ?

I reckon there's some hidden talent of this forum. 

Ed Anger

I made a campaign system for West End's Imperium Romanum II to simulate the empire until 476. It worked, but it was clunky and required a wad of paperwork.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2013, 08:04:07 PM
MINT IN BOX: THE GAME

:P
STFU and go download Zulus On The Ramparts for the iPad.

Ed Anger

I'd need to add cash to iTunes. Money is tight right now.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

My war gaming buying itch fired up(spring has sprung!) and I noticed something:

WWII TOTALLY BORES THE FUCK OUT OF ME NOW.

The guy who cheated playing Stalingrad Pocket by bumping the table? The dude who only wanted to build SS units in War in the east?

The love is gone.

:(

CountDeMoney

Try WW1, then.  Your boys over at Decision have reprinted the entire Der Weltkrieg collection.
Get your Austria Hungary on.

CountDeMoney

Maybe, my black ass.  I'm unemployed, and even I pulled the trigger on that shit.

DO IT NOW DO IT NOW DO IT NOW

Ed Anger