News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

You gimps might want to check cool stuff inc out. Year end 'blowout' sale looks....alright.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Do you have the Desert Shield expansion?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Nah, never bothered with scoring that.  I preferred the Cold War superpower angle.

Tamas

Since we have the solar system colonization thread: would anyone be up for a Languish PBEM of High Frontier?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 04, 2013, 07:32:49 AM
What would I need for that?

VASSAL. The rules are available, and I own a copy of both the base game and the expansion, so you shouldn't have moral worries :P

I will provide VASSAL and rule links in a separate thread shortly, to draw interest.

Syt

I've never played a VASSAL module of a boardgame. What do I need to know/do?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on January 04, 2013, 08:01:57 AM
I've never played a VASSAL module of a boardgame. What do I need to know/do?

Well, you need to instal VASSAL, then unzip the module files somewhere, launch it, and then learn to use it. :)

VASSAL is  basically a board and pieces on your computer, altough this particular map has a lot of added extras like overlays to make it easier. So you have all the stuff, like pieces and cards you need, but it will not be able to enforce the rules.

The normal way to PBEM via Vassal is to create "replays". You receive a replay from your opponent, you watch it, then start yours (if its your turn), do your stuff, save the replay, and send it out.

Since this game has zero hidden information, I would be willing to maintain the board myself, in which case you would only be required to be able to load the game saves I'll be sending out (and keep an eye on mistakes! :) )

PDH

I would play but Tamas would accuse me of using the rules properly to win.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Got Crown of Roses. Mostly just because.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2013, 05:46:52 PM
Got Crown of Roses. Mostly just because.

Yeah, the sale price was too good, and the flowers are so darn pretty.

Solmyr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Solmyr on January 05, 2013, 10:43:41 AM
It's on sale?

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2012, 01:38:56 PM
You gimps might want to check cool stuff inc out. Year end 'blowout' sale looks....alright.

CountDeMoney

Nothing like getting hit with an MMP charge order for something you forgot you pre-ordered from, like, 9 months ago.   :lol:

THANKS FOR THE WARNING FELLAS