News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

:lol:
Every time I think I'm doing something really weird I post it here and you guys make me feel completely normal in no time.

Habbaku

Quote from: Maladict on December 08, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
I'm considering counter clipping. :bleeding:
Tried a few spares using an exacto blade. They turn out somewhat decent, but it's really slow going.
How do you guys go about it?

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

Tried that but the counters only barely fit and tend to get scratched. I could buy a larger one, of course.

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on December 08, 2012, 05:50:04 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 08, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
I'm considering counter clipping. :bleeding:
Tried a few spares using an exacto blade. They turn out somewhat decent, but it's really slow going.
How do you guys go about it?

+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I remember reading that fingernail clippers work.

I never clip counters. EVER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2012, 07:20:45 PM
I never clip counters. EVER.

Somehow, I don't think letting the kids do it will give you an accurate inventory.

Ed Anger

I don't think they'll hoard white on black SS counters

me discovering a Baggie of counters..WHO TAUGHT YOU THIS?

Kid: I GOT IT FROM YOU DAD! I SAW YOU PUNCH COUNTERS!

Maladict

It's going to be the knife all the way. Two or three cuts gets you a nice rounded edge, quite pleased with the results.

CountDeMoney

Interesting find of the day:  data sheets for COA's Speed of Heat, starring famous Sci-Fi fighters, courtesy of some Japanese website.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on December 06, 2012, 10:31:05 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
Tell me about Andean Abyss, and tell me why I should not buy it while it is in stock in a Hungarian shop.

Meh.

I bought it anyway :P

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on December 11, 2012, 03:27:47 PM
Enjoy the Euro-faggotry.

You know what? I like it.

Sure, the units are cubes and whatever the english name for the guerillas' geometrical object is, but so what?

Very asynchronous victory conditions as well as possible actions, novel operations and event resolution, unique and interesting theme...

We should have a Languish PBEM via Vassal, since I have the game, I could scan the player aid for you people so you could play.

Solmyr

Played Crown of Roses last night with some friends. Only got two turns in but it was lots of fun. I played the Lancasters, Henry VI the Mad managed to stay King, and I almost killed York but he got away at the last second. Hopefully a CB or Vassal module comes out for this soon.