News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kleves

That game sounds like its made for Languish MP, though.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Got my Worthington games package. I stared at the USPS guy through my window, curtains covering my new games boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on November 30, 2012, 07:35:28 PM
That game sounds like its made for Languish MP, though.

I'll try to run a game when it comes out.  Eventually.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

And with the arrival of my MMP stuff, I have fondled all the Black Friday sale stuff. Into the closet they go, maybe to be rediscovered in 5 years.

And with that, this wargame buying fit is over.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2012, 02:53:15 PM

And with that, this wargame buying fit is over.

It does come in, like, spasms or something, doesn't it? :P You get your fix then you are fine for a few months. Then your hands start to shake on the Paypal buttons again.

Tamas

Tell me about Andean Abyss, and tell me why I should not buy it while it is in stock in a Hungarian shop.

Tamas

I am also considering GMing a Star Trek: Fleet Captains Languish game the way we did BSG, since now I have the Romulan expansion... but I would need to figure out how to make it feasible to deal with the not-small-but-fully-random-and-hidden map. I could take a photo of the whole, or make some hexes readable but not both.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
Tell me about Andean Abyss, and tell me why I should not buy it while it is in stock in a Hungarian shop.

Meh.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on December 06, 2012, 10:31:05 AM

Meh.

is it meh, ha?

dps

HMSGRD is having a (literal) fire sale:

http://hmsgrd.com//wordpress

Ed Anger

QuoteThe purpose of this fire sale is to raise the money needed to print the final components and ship Total War

lol

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 06, 2012, 10:31:05 AM

Meh.

Volko's components are increasingly crossing over into Euro territory.  Soon he'll be including thimbles and top hats.

Ed Anger

Maladict

I'm considering counter clipping. :bleeding:
Tried a few spares using an exacto blade. They turn out somewhat decent, but it's really slow going.
How do you guys go about it?

CountDeMoney

:lol:  If you have a problem with slow going, you don't want to use my method.

I use a box cutter razor blade to separate the rows from the counter sheets and from each other, an Exacto knife to separate the ones in the counter sheet corners, and once they're all out, I use an emory board to lovingly sand down all the nibs.  One. Counter. At. A. Time.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking anal.