News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Fucking customs. A 50% surcharge, really?
Second time in a row, not importing any games from the US for a while  :(

Ed Anger

Just ordered moar wargames. MOAR!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2012, 02:04:19 PM
Just ordered moar wargames. MOAR!

More from MMP?  Hope you at least got Black Sunday.

I'm waiting for my "Unemployment Special" 2 freebies from GMT.  Nice guys.  Figured "Nightfighter" and "PQ-17" looked interesting enough.

Never knew Tony C was a 17 year vet for a brokerage firm before he decided to save what was left of his soul, and got the fuck out.

Ed Anger

I hit Worthington's sale. Decided hold the line and the Sicily game needed a new home.

Kleves

Is the Blue vs. Grey card game any good?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Easily one of the best Civil War strategy games of all time, yes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on November 23, 2012, 12:12:41 AM
Easily one of the best Civil War strategy games of all time, yes.

Damn that's some faint praise.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Internet wargamer: OMG, MMP SERVER DOWN! Complain about sale.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 15, 2012, 08:52:08 PM
Friday after thanksgiving, I will be playing Avalanche's Midway. I will command the Nips. My slightly retarded friend will be the treacherous Yankees.

BANZAI!

Forgot to give the results:

Yorktown: sunk
Hornet: sunk
Enterprise: withdrawing, damaged

Akagi: 1 bomb hit
Kaga: fine and dandy
Hiryu: sank
Soryu: badly damaged

Midway: taken. BANZAI!

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I'll wear a track suit while pre ordering.

CountDeMoney

Oh, good Lord...

QuoteLegion of Honor status - cross posted from LOH folder

From the Art Dept. . .

All 200 cards have been revised by me (for the 3rd time) and are with Rich and team for FINAL review. To my knowledge, we are just missing two pictures for cards and hopefully all other cosmetic and game related information is finished on them. The cards are the most time conusming part of the production spiral (6-8 week lead time), so when I receive the proofs back from Rich, I will immediately make any rev's needed and shoot them off to printer toot suite (sweet?).

Box is ready for printer. Rich is working on rules and charts and I will "graphasize" and send to printer (usually 1-2 weeks production time). So we can send these to printer while cards are being produced and collated.

Believe me, we are moving this along as fast as possible before Ed pops a vein!

We ask for your patience just a while longer - you will be rewarded with a wonderful game.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Think of it this way:  you're actually living through the length of Napoleonic Wars waiting for it.  So it's sorta appropriate, I guess..