News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That was too good a price to pass up for GD42.

Ed Anger

L2 is having a sale too. Shipping to US: 18 smackers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I consider picking up "Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery" for me and my friends:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/04/cardboard-children-spartacus/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2012, 12:17:29 AM
I consider picking up "Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery" for me and my friends:

Yeah it looks interesting. Don't think my gaming group would be hugely interested though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2012, 12:21:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 17, 2012, 12:17:29 AM

Yeah it looks interesting. Don't think my gaming group would be hugely interested though.

My group of irregulars likes topical games, ideally ones that are easy to pick up. Our mainstays atm are Talisman and Last Night on Earth. I know we have a couple of fans of the Spartacus tv show, so this should be popular.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Mmp is holding that sale again Friday, because of a few complaints.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2012, 03:02:52 PM

LOL, what is it this time?  Somebody couldn't hoard a dozen copies of Beyond Valor?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 19, 2012, 04:10:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2012, 03:02:52 PM

LOL, what is it this time?  Somebody couldn't hoard a dozen copies of Beyond Valor?

The way I read it at BGG, because the Black Friday sale wasn't on Black Friday.

CountDeMoney

:lol:
You mean, the one advertised as:

QuoteTHE FRIDAY BEFORE BLACK FRIDAY!

This Friday only! November 16, 2012

Christ, sometimes I wish everybody on BGG would accidentally gas themselves in the garage.

Ed Anger

Folks,

We have received a lot of complaints about holding our "Friday before Black Friday" sale prior to the actual Black Friday.

I thought we had advertised this well enough, and the sale was the most successful (by about 32 orders) of any sale we've ever had, but there were enough emails to warrant trying this again.

So, we will hold an identical "Black Friday" sale the Friday after Thanksgiving.

This sale will be identical to what we ran on the 16th! Nothing new will be added, nothing has sold out, and the prices will remain the same!

Please note: We can not add to an earlier order!. The office is already swamped trying to get the last J10's out and dealing with the orders from the 16th! We are not going to complicate the office's job with this second chance sale.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2012, 05:24:54 PM
Folks,

We have received a lot of complaints about holding our "Friday before Black Friday" sale prior to the actual Black Friday.

I thought we had advertised this well enough,

And people wonder why Perry, Chaz and the boys don't "communicate enough".

Ed Anger

I can see why Ty Bomba dropped off the face of CSW. I wouldn't want to communicate with wargamers either.

Ed Anger

QuoteFirst, the good news -

From Worthington Games November Newsletter:

Starting at 12:01am on the 22nd of November until 11:59pm the 25th the following games are only $15.00 each plus shipping.

COWBOYS
HOLD THE LINE
PRUSSIA'S DEFIANT STAND
MEDWAR SICILY
CHAINMAIL
CAESAR'S GALLIC WAR

Kleves

How long does it take a GMT P500 game to go from charging to shipping?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Depends on the game.  Usually 2-3 months.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien