News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Hungarian crusades move very slowly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

If you think Berkut is slow in his answers, try playing with CdM :P

Tamas

So I celebrated my salary-raise with a rampage of game purchases.

The dust was settling, I decide to have only 3 remaining on my list:
-Pax Prolifiarana or something, the cardgame version of Lords of Sierra Madre (looks awesome)
-Merchant of Venus new edition
-Colonial

Then Rockpapershotgun does a review of the X-Wing miniatures game.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on October 08, 2012, 01:36:55 AM
If you think Berkut is slow in his answers, try playing with CdM :P

lol, gimme a break, I'm working on it.  I send no turn before its time, especially when I'm muddling through it the first time.   :P 

Besides, you fill out these online job applications all goddamned day and evening, and see how much you want to sit in front of the computer.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on October 08, 2012, 02:40:58 AM
Then Rockpapershotgun does a review of the X-Wing miniatures game.

That one actually looks pretty sweet and I have friends who would be willing to try that. But it looks like a money pit with every extra ship costing extra.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2012, 05:43:39 AM
But it looks like a money pit with every extra ship costing extra.

It is, especially if you want to build a proper squadron, and that's not counting the specialty ships.

Syt

I may dig out West End Games' Star Warriors instead, but it was kinda slow to play . . .  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

BTW, in the Pax Prolifiriaanana game, you can do a strawman play to generate outrage.

I am SO organizing a Languish game if there ever be a VASSAL set

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Sadly, this is both a sale I barely qualify for (I have only pre-ordered Saints in Armor out of the games on the qualifying list) and only kinda want a single game that would qualify (Crown of Roses).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

Labyrinth and/or Washington's War any good?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Labyrinth yes, Washington's War no.

-J. R. R. Tolkien