News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

KoH seems to be great!

I like how the sieges work, how an important siege (or one you started ill-prepared) can totally get the focus of an entire turn

Would be cool to PBEM, say, the 2nd Crusade scenario.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

yeah, but are you: up for a game?

Tamas

gave a solitaire test to the egyptian civil war scenario as well. Very interesting how it presents you with a quite different situation. You have the regular VP spaces to fight over between the christians and the seljuks, but there is the very lucrative Egypt, but that is quite bothersome to reach and conclude the civil war there in your favour, as non-fatimid forces must disperse during winter regardless of any normally applicable exceptions.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2012, 11:28:23 AM

That is not really the question.  The question is really if you can keep up and not make me pull my hair out from correcting your rules-fu.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2012, 04:19:54 PM
gave a solitaire test to the egyptian civil war scenario as well. Very interesting how it presents you with a quite different situation. You have the regular VP spaces to fight over between the christians and the seljuks, but there is the very lucrative Egypt, but that is quite bothersome to reach and conclude the civil war there in your favour, as non-fatimid forces must disperse during winter regardless of any normally applicable exceptions.

Aye, I really like that scenario from a gameplay standpoint.  The Kingdom of Jerusalem is stable and able to project power.  So what does it do?  Picks a fight in Egypt while ignoring the building threat on its borders!

I also like the "Kingdom of Heaven" (3rd Crusade) scenario because of its situation--Saladin conquering all before him only to suddenly have a massive Crusader army appear on turn 4, after which he has to batten down the hatches and survive.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on September 23, 2012, 05:50:36 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2012, 11:28:23 AM

That is not really the question.  The question is really if you can keep up and not make me pull my hair out from correcting your rules-fu.  :P

I have mastered the rules and I am ready to handle you your bottom

Habbaku

:x

Send me a file when you're ready to do something besides handle my bottom.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

you know what I WANTED to say and that's all that matters. :P

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Ed Anger

Somebody is using the Hungarian phrase book again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2012, 11:31:52 AM

I am no longer infected.

dps

Quote from: Tamas on September 25, 2012, 12:58:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2012, 11:31:52 AM

I am no longer infected.

But is your hovercraft full of eels?