News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Take it to work with you and do the old comic-book-inside-the-text-book thing.  It still works, after all these years.

Habbaku

There is a .pdf floating around and I happen to have it.  :goodboy:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Is it the pre-pub one posted on CSW a while back?

Habbaku

Yep.  It's the same as the printed rules, only lacking the errata (which have been posted).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Great, send it to Tamas so he can start selling copies for 500000 zlotydracmas, or whatever stone coin they use over there.

Habbaku

They use the Megkövültcukorrépa ($B).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 19, 2012, 09:03:03 AM
Take it to work with you and do the old comic-book-inside-the-text-book thing.  It still works, after all these years.

Now days one just uses a tablet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Really tempted to buy up a used copy of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3935/the-art-of-siege after hearing some more about it.

Fuck.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Yeah, that's always on a lot of people's grail lists.  Always popular.

DO IT DO IT DO IT

dps

Quote from: Habbaku on September 20, 2012, 06:49:07 PM
Really tempted to buy up a used copy of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3935/the-art-of-siege after hearing some more about it.

Fuck.

I got a copy last Origins I attended.  Think I got it at the auction, but not sure.

Habbaku

And you're selling it now for the low, low price of $50, right?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

I don't intend to sell it.  I might be persuaded to change my mind, but not for $50.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Blitzkrieg Legend is charged and packing;  unless they ship it by the end of the day, doubtful I'll get it by tomorrow.