Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2012, 11:53:45 AM
Lucky me, I drew 'MLRS bombardment" as target-bound event

Love those fuckers.

QuoteI figured I would go for the extra XP and kill them off. The pilot was Slow, though, so before he could destroy them with a rocket run, they were to shoot at him first - infantry small arms fire forced the heli to go high altitude.
He did destroy the enemy units, but before the mission could end, he had to suffer a draw for the "pop-up" of enemy units as a reaction to him being high up in the sky. And... a SAM unit spotted him and fired at him...
killing the pilot :cry:

lol, rolling the dice with those choppers is a bitch, man.  High risk, high reward...and sometimes a high amount of flaming wreckage.

Tamas

CountDeMoney

On a bit of a Nappy kick; Big Brown Truck is bringing me Napoleon's Triumph and Age of Muskets Vol 1: Tomb for an Empire today.

And to offset all these recent purchases that I'm chalking up to depression, I'm going to be thinning the herd a bit and putting some titles up on eBay this week.  If anybody's interested, I'll post them once I finally decide which ones are going.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I saw that.  Personally, I think it's bullshit.

CountDeMoney

Any of you guys you ever hear about this Mouth Sugar Project?

http://www.mikugames.com/

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2012, 07:35:15 PM

<------New offensive launched!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2012, 07:35:15 PM

Damn, that looks like a very detailed OB.

CountDeMoney

Hey, Eleventy Bravo:

Quotei everyone!

Just a quick update on shipping for all the new August P500 games. Everything arrived in the warehouse this past weekend, and we have begun the assembly process.

Unfortunately, we found one problem that is going to affect our delivery schedule. The Data Cards for Panzer, which were supposed to come packaged in three sets (so that they fit in the boxes) came packaged in two sets, which means the sets stack too high to fit in the boxes! Ugh - the samples were correct, but the entire set of components on the final delivery batch is packaged incorrectly.

I want to emphasize here that there is nothing wrong with the actual game components - everything looks fine - these cards look fine, too (and you guys will like the thickness!), but are just packaged wrong. This is something that we can fix by repackaging the data cards back into three sets, but as you might imagine, it's going to take our office/warehouse folks some time to do this.

So here's what we're doing. We are going to go ahead and ship all P500 copies of both Andean Abyss and Bloody April, 1917 as planned tomorrow, August 22. We're going to hold all three Panzer products for about a week to give us time to repackage all the data card sets. Then we'll ship all three of those products, probably starting about August 29th.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We didn't see this one coming. We'll do our best to get this fixed quickly and accurately and have your Panzer game and expansions out to you shortly.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2012, 07:32:12 AM
Hey, Eleventy Bravo:

Quotei everyone!

We're going to hold all three Panzer products for about a week to give us time to repackage all the data card sets. Then we'll ship all three of those products, probably starting about August 29th.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience. We didn't see this one coming. We'll do our best to get this fixed quickly and accurately and have your Panzer game and expansions out to you shortly.

Enjoy the games!

Gene

Curses, evil forces are at work here!  :(
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Habbaku, how is Kingdom of Heaven? How PBEM-worthy is it?

Tamas

My gaming group will have it's first play of Twilight Imperium 3 this weekend. I am both very-very interested, and intimidated.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2012, 03:49:21 AM

I've tinkered with the VASSAL module myself, haven't found any bugs yet in it.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on August 26, 2012, 03:49:21 AM

Fun.  Very.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien