News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2012, 06:46:12 PM
Not bad there, scooter.  Have you tried using more white or off-white for the smaller digits, or do they lose their resolution?

White seems to be the ticket. Off white is the second one.

Cut some numbers.
For ref
The 3 - T ; is unit strength/ mobility (tracked)
Top left white box: AT factor 2hex/1hex
Bottom left #'s: Top is Conventional fire factor and bottom is Troop Quality.
Bottom right #'s: Top is Assault factor and bottom is Defense Factor.

I'll see if I can post some actual size pics

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 04, 2012, 07:46:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2012, 06:46:12 PM
Not bad there, scooter.  Have you tried using more white or off-white for the smaller digits, or do they lose their resolution?

White seems to be the ticket.

There ya go.  :thumbsup:

11B4V

Comparisons to 5/8 and 1/2 inch counter.

I'll post a small battle map of the Nafekh area when it gets done.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2012, 07:38:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 03, 2012, 02:56:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2012, 02:20:21 PM
They know I hate their mail misplacing asses.

Their govmint workers. What do you expect? :lol:

I've never had an issue with the USPS;  now, the Big Brown Truck, on the other hand...crushed a couple poster frames once, and they totally annihilated a pristine and totally cherry 1930's Royal KHM typewriter for me in February.  Totally shattered the cast-iron in the frame, and the miracle worker I send my typewriters to couldn't save it.  Went from collector's item to spare parts.

Never had issues with UPS back when they actually had you sign for stuff.  If they couldn't catch you at home, they'd leave a card saying when they'd be back, and if you weren't going to be there at that time you could mark one of several optionson the card--pick up your package at a UPS store, authorize them to leave it with a neighbor, authorize them to leave in on your property without a signature, and a couple others I don't remember now.  If I wasn't going to be there, I always had at least one neighbor I trusted enough to have UPS leave it with.  Now, though, they just leave the package on your doorstep.  I've had stuff left out in the rain, and once, we were home, but didn't here them knock, and they left the package leaning on the screen door where we couldn't see it from inside, so when we opened the screen, the package got knocked down the stairs.  Grrrr.

CountDeMoney

Looks like they settled on final artwork, 11B....very AH old-school.

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-323-panzer.aspx

Scroll down for the expansions as well.

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Yeah, gave me a PanzerBlitz boner.

Habbaku

In case my avatar isn't enough indication, Kingdom of Heaven has proven to be a lot of fun.

Angola, as Berkut will no doubt attest to, is probably the best 4-player game on the market right now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

The latest on the Europa saga...

QuoteOn August 9, 2012, in News, by Gar ....A fire broke out at the Fitz Apartments here in Aurora, Colorado. Two of our residents died and as many as 25 were injured fleeing what was reported to be arson. Jason Long, our German OB researcher, escaped through a window. Arthur Goodwin, a principal in the company was working with Gar at his house in central Denver. Neither of them were injured but the company may be affected.

Our inventory of games and Total War components were apparently not directly touched by the fire but smoke and water reached the ground level, where our material is stored. While Arthur and I arrived by 11:30pm, no one was allowed in the building. I reached an arson investigator with the Aurora Fire Department who explained that there is water and smoke in the storage area but could give us no further details. We may be given limited access shortly to access the damage.

Since the building is a crime scene and a suspect has been taken into custody, renters may not remove material at this time. The damage to the building is extensive enough that the residents and renters will not be able to remain there. We will update you as soon as we have more information. We are deeply saddened by the deaths and injuries. Aurora has had more tragedy than anyone could expect. We will not know the extent, if any, of impact on HMS until we can access the inventory.

We will start sending sample again as soon as possible. One of the many reports of the fire can be found at:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31336684/detail.html

Ed Anger

Next, their components will be attacked by a guy dressed as the Riddler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

GMT's Update from tonight:

QuoteHi guys!   

Today's update is specifically to get you the latest information on our August Charges and Shipments, the ones we noted were delayed at the printers in our July 22nd update.

We just received final shipment verification on those components today, so we can tell you that we intend to begin shipping P500 orders in the August 20-22 window for the following new games:

Andean Abyss
Bloody April, 1917
Panzer
Panzer Expansion #1
Panzer Expansion #2

As we noted in our previous update, we had held off on charging for Bloody April and the two Panzer Expansions until we knew for sure when they would arrive in our warehouse. So you guys are going to get a real short charge-to-ship time on those. We'll begin charging for those three titles this coming Monday, August 13.

Thanks again for your patience with us through this unexpected delay at the printers. It won't be long now!

Enjoy the games!

Gene

After AA and the three Panzer products, that just leaves MMP's Blitzkrieg Legend to wait for as far as pre-orders go, and then I believe I'll be finished spending money until War of The Suns is available later in the year.

At least I think so.

Habbaku

What Price Glory, Crusade and Revolution, Korea, Storm Over Dien Ben Phu and War of the Suns are on the list for me.

I have almost nothing on pre-order for GMT, in comparison. A first, I think.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

There's also Legion of Honour from Clash coming up.  That one's eagerly awaited.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on August 09, 2012, 08:02:56 PM
There's also Legion of Honour from Clash coming up.  That one's eagerly awaited.

Yeah, but I haven't seen anything lately on that.

QuoteWhat Price Glory, Crusade and Revolution, Korea, Storm Over Dien Ben Phu and War of the Suns are on the list for me.

Do you have the original OCS Korea? Looks like it's gonna be a long wait.

I really don't see any of those getting printed anytime soon, save WotS and Stonewall Jackson's Way II.  Not too jazzed over CaR myself, but I would totally love to see Dien Bien Phu make it;  but 89 of 520 orders? Ugh..that's like waiting for the Fallschirmjaeger reprint.

But I can barely wait for WotS.  An actual, playable alternative to War of Resistance?  Hells yeah.

But once they put up the latest Grand Tactical Series game up for preorder, The Greatest Day: The British Beaches, I figure that fucker will be ready to run in about 90-120 days.  :lol:

Habbaku

Yeah, most of those are long-shots, unfortunately.  I do know that LoH is supposed to be out this year, though, for what that's worth.  Supposed to have been out for WBC, but they slipped the print apparently.

Only OCS game I have so far is Tunisia, unfortunately.  Korea should see a resurgence in interest for me.

-J. R. R. Tolkien