News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2012, 11:46:15 AM

You want a Bulge fix, get GMT's Ardennes '44;  people are simply raving about it.  The 2nd Ed reprint is out.

That one would have would have made the last round, but I couldnt bypass White Death.  I did a lot of reading on A'44. It's at the top of my hit list for next round. Same guy who did Caucasus Campaign and Ukraine '43.  :yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

QuoteAlso, I hate USPS.

The tracker said a note was left yesterday. I look for it and see NOTHING. So I go to the post office like the tracker said to and they can't find my package. So I go home in FULL FROTH and see the postal dude plopping the package on my doorstep.

Me: WHARGARBL

Fuck the Post Office.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2012, 01:46:23 PM
Fuck the Post Office.

I dunno, man...my dazzling urbanite carrier lugged her overweight and diabetic ass up three flights of stairs in this fucking heat to bring me my copy of Carrier Battles today.

So it must be you.

Ed Anger

They know I hate their mail misplacing asses.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2012, 02:20:21 PM

Their govmint workers. What do you expect? :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 03, 2012, 02:56:17 PM

I've never had an issue with the USPS;  now, the Big Brown Truck, on the other hand...crushed a couple poster frames once, and they totally annihilated a pristine and totally cherry 1930's Royal KHM typewriter for me in February.  Totally shattered the cast-iron in the frame, and the miracle worker I send my typewriters to couldn't save it.  Went from collector's item to spare parts.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2012, 07:38:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on August 03, 2012, 02:56:17 PM

I've never had an issue with the USPS;  now, the Big Brown Truck, on the other hand...crushed a couple poster frames once, and they totally annihilated a pristine and totally cherry 1930's Royal KHM typewriter for me in February.  Totally shattered the cast-iron in the frame, and the miracle worker I send my typewriters to couldn't save it.  Went from collector's item to spare parts.

Opposite here. Never had issues with UPS or Fedex. Two big things UPS has delivered for me was an engine block and manual transmission. Always called to coordinate a meet and loaded the shit on my truck for me. I do have the same UPS and Fedex guy all the time. UPS dude finally won over clyde (dog), who hated the big brown truck. Now clyde exepts and gets a treat everytime the UPS drops something off. win win

UPS on the other hand....I know the local postmaster and had a talk with him about his lazy ass rural carrier govmint worker. Havent had a problem since.

UPS/FEDEX for the win IMO.

11B4V

Anyhoo

Bear's Claw looks interesting. Kind of reminds me of the old AG South quad games.

garbon

I now picture Seedy as a hoarder surrounded by unpunched tokens, type writers and cats.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2012, 02:03:36 PM
I now picture Seedy as a hoarder surrounded by unpunched tokens, type writers and cats.

Well then you'd be kinda sorta wrong.  :mad:

garbon

You're right. Your mother would never let you be so messy as to be a hoarder.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 04, 2012, 02:18:17 PM
You're right. Your mother would never let you be so messy as to be a hoarder.

SON OF A

11B4V

Too Busy??

CountDeMoney

Not bad there, scooter.  Have you tried using more white or off-white for the smaller digits, or do they lose their resolution?