And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on July 31, 2012, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 31, 2012, 06:42:10 AM
Ordered a bunch of Napoleonic stuff. Mostly Vae Victis stuff that has die cut counters.

MOUNT MY OWN COUNTERS? WHAT IS THIS.... ART CLASS?

It's not as bad as you think

It is bad enough I've got glittered up My Little Ponies on my fridge. I get enough arts and crafts to last a lifetime.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I've been buying a wargame for every job rejection I get. :unsure:

I've bought a lot of wargames the last few months.  :ph34r:

PRC

I bought Dominant Species the other day, it's pretty sweet.

The Brain

What's wrong with arts and craft?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

All shit is in other than White Death and Suez '73 coming from noble. Those SPI flat trays (MechWar '77 and Panzer '44) are a fucking blast from the past.

Crisis Sinai what a gorgeous map.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 01, 2012, 07:01:20 PM
Crisis Sinai what a gorgeous map.

yeah, as far as Muddled East maps go, that's always been one of the better ones; some people have complained it is a little too "busy", but I like it.

Ed Anger

Maladict

Quote from: PRC on August 01, 2012, 01:53:15 PM

I bought it yesterday, do I really have to go on vacation tomorrow?

Tamas

The package from those UGG fellows arrived today, but no answer to my previous e-mail yet. :D

Oh well.

One week is pretty nice going from Germany, figures they posted it right after the day I ordered. Nice.

PRC

Quote from: Maladict on August 02, 2012, 07:54:40 AM
Quote from: PRC on August 01, 2012, 01:53:15 PM

I bought it yesterday, do I really have to go on vacation tomorrow?

I've really enjoyed it, the length can be a turn off but it's easy to learn (the rules are easy to learn anyways - learning the strategies, what to do and when is tougher).  The rulebook is very well written as well with some great examples. 

CountDeMoney

FYI, CoolStuffInc is doing a board game summer sale:  only real item of interest is GMT's Fighting Formations: GD Motorized Infantry Division is knocked down to $42.99.

I highly recommend it.

Ed Anger

As Europa turns.....

QuoteWe have received a possible print slot from the original printer. The start date is for August 29th with the same 5-8 days of print time. I am very disappointed in these dates and followed up with calls to their office. They felt the best they could do was to break up the package and offered to print the charts beginning August 21st and have it done by the 24th.

We had sent requests for bid on our print jobs to 22 printers late last week after the talks with the original printer. We have received 10 responses. While I had asked for print slots in each request, only 5 printers actually gave dates they could begin printing. While all of the 10 responses were higher in cost than the original shop, several were close enough to the original bid to consider. The best looking bid at this point can begin printing on August 20th and would finish on or before the 30th.

I will be calling each of the responding print shops for clarification on dates, costs and guarantees. I hope we can get something better but if the August 20th date holds up, we will go with that one. For those of you who remember the disaster with the Wavell's War maps, you can imagine that we put a high value on guarantees or reprint policy. We have had several offers from friends of out of state printers who could probably do a fine job, but if something went wrong, we do not have real recourse at a distance.

We will put up the first of the samples I mentioned late today or tomorrow. This will be the UIC or Unit Identification Chart that has been requested by a number of callers. This will be followed by charts and tables every day or two as we move to a print date.

Also, I hate USPS.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2012, 11:15:39 AM
As Europa turns.....

:lol:  Man, I've been following this story since Winston Hamilton passed away--I honestly think I got one of his last emails, days before he croaked--and this shit just gets more hilarious as time goes on.

I hope it's never printed, because then it would be like your favorite daytime soap getting cancelled.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 10:59:21 AM
FYI, CoolStuffInc is doing a board game summer sale:  only real item of interest is GMT's Fighting Formations: GD Motorized Infantry Division is knocked down to $42.99.

I highly recommend it.

I see they also have the new WaR for 90.00 bucks. I have read a lot that say Decision veered from the original. BGG has the old one rated higher.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 03, 2012, 11:41:13 AM
I see they also have the new WaR for 90.00 bucks. I have read a lot that say Decision veered from the original.

I rest on Habbaku's judgement on that one;  if he says the 2nd Ed is still wonky even with the changes, it's still wonky.
As much as I would love to pull the trigger on that AND the Hurtgen extension, I'm not taking any chances on a Decision Games production.

You want a Bulge fix, get GMT's Ardennes '44;  people are simply raving about it.  The 2nd Ed reprint is out.

QuoteBGG has the old one rated higher.

I'm loathe to trust those ratings over there;  people don't always rate their games, and new games don't always level off in their ratings.