News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Good man.  Get a little refresher course in before Panzer comes out the door.

Ed Anger

You fuckers are pushing me towards blowing 200 bucks on ebay. FUCKERS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

LOL, I went even older Old School than ElevenBravo this week...$17.99

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2012, 07:50:36 AM
LOL, I went even older Old School than ElevenBravo this week...$17.99

I  memeber that one. :thumbsup:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2012, 07:40:46 AM

What you eyeballing?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on July 21, 2012, 11:54:26 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 21, 2012, 07:40:46 AM

What you eyeballing?

I'm in window shopping mode.

HEY! THAT LOOKS GOOD. NO! THAT LOOKS BETTER. WARGARBL

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 21, 2012, 11:19:55 AM

I'm all about M-60s and M-113s...Only thing that's missing is the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle.

Love NATO-WP stuff from the late 70s-early 80s.  God Bless General Al Haig.

I think it comes from learning about female mud wrestling in Stripes at roughly the same time I discovered masturbation.   :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2012, 01:31:27 PM

I'm all about M-60s and M-113s...Only thing that's missing is the EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle.

I think it comes from learning about female mud wrestling in Stripes at roughly the same time I discovered masturbation.   :lol:

Been downloading additional US, brit, french, USMC, chinese, russian, and israeli data crads and couters. Most are from Jim Day.  :yes:

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2012, 01:31:27 PM

YOU discovered masturbation? How American to claim that you discovered something that other people knew about long before you were even born. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on July 22, 2012, 01:48:10 AM
YOU discovered masturbation? How American to claim that you discovered something that other people knew about long before you were even born. :rolleyes:

I patented it.  Gimme my royalties.

11B4V

Digging into IDF, I had forgotten how sexy these M51 look. Something about these.

CountDeMoney

July 22 Update from GMT

QuoteHi guys!   

We have a few updates for you today on the charging and shipping schedules, as well as an updated longer-term tentative print schedule.

Short-Term Bad News on the Printing Front:
Tony just let me know a few days ago that the printer who is doing many of the components for our August releases (Andean Abyss, Panzer, Bloody April, 1917)  is having some weather-related humidity issues at the plant which require that they lengthen their drying processes to make sure we get the quality we want. We hate delays, but we had this problem once before and were very happy with the products that the company delivered after their extended drying process. So, at the end of the day, we're happy for their concern for quality control, although we regret the delay this will cause. We don't know for certain exactly when the games will arrive at this point, but should know within a couple of weeks once the printer has boxed everything up and we have an inbound ship date. Again, sorry for the delay

Speaking of recent releases, we're really pleased by the positive feedback from so many of you on our summer releases, especially for those games with new systems, like Dominant Species: The Card Game and Red Winter, and for the excellent response to the updated designs Next War: Korea and Ardennes '44. We hope all of you are finding some cool new games to play this summer, and that hopefully at least some of them say "GMT" on the box!

For you guys travelling to the World Boardgaming Championships next week, Tony and Andy will both be there, along with a bunch of GMT designers and developers. We hope you'll take a few minutes as you have time between games to drop by the GMT booth or some of our demos and say "hi."

Thanks, guys, as always, for your support of GMT!

Enjoy the games!

Gene

QuoteTentative Production Schedule 

Here's what the current tentative game release schedule looks like:

Mid-Late August, 2012:
Andean Abyss
Bloody April, 1917
Panzer + Expansions 1 and 2

September, 2012:
Crown of Roses
Saints in Armor

October, 2012:
Fading Glory
Space Empires: Close Encounters
Mr. Madison's War

November, 2012:
The Hunters (for Consimworld Press)
Pax Baltica

December, 2012:
Commands & Colors Napoleonics, 2nd Printing
C & C Napoleonics: The Russian Army

1st Quarter, 2012:
Iron & Oak
Rebel Raiders on the High Seas

Unscheduled for Now:

Battle for Normandy Expansion Pack
The Supreme Commander (Once we get a new developer and address one balance issue, we'll add this one back to the schedule)
Great Campaigns of the Thirty Years War (Ben is making good progress on this one - we hope to see it back on the print schedule very soon)

The only deal I know with the Normandy expansion pack is the designer is still tweaking some scenario issues.

The Brain

Ed Anger

The Brain

I am preparing some Call of Cthulhu. Among other things I bought and read the campaign Tatters of the King. It seems to be awesome. Hastur la vista, baby.