News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
I noticed that forums whipping boy Rinella has formed his own wargame company.

What forums?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on July 18, 2012, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
I noticed that forums whipping boy Rinella has formed his own wargame company.

What forums?

CSW.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd70cb3

Or if you meant the bitchiness, BGG. Where nerds menstruate.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Don't forget to submit your Charles S Roberts Awards ballots.

http://charlesrobertsawards.com/voting.php

Ed Anger

I'll just flood them with all Ty Bomba votes.

11B4V

Been reading MMP's HoD rules and the changes they made to the original PB. Looks good and some nice changes. Also downloaded an assload of shit from Imaginative Strategist....again

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 19, 2012, 04:50:44 PM
Been reading MMP's HoD rules and the changes they made to the original PB. Looks good and some nice changes. Also downloaded an assload of shit from Imaginative Strategist....again

I've considered it from time to time, but I've never really been interested in it, as--and I know none of you fuckers will believe me--we played the total ass out of PB/PL back in the day, all the time.

Ed Anger

My brother had that Arab-Israeli version of PB/PL. As the little, little brother, I got to command the crappy Arab shit. I remember being stuck with PLO trash in once scenario.

FUCK YOU GUYS, I'M GONNA GO PLAY MATTEL FOOTBALL.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2012, 06:29:37 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 19, 2012, 04:50:44 PM

I've considered it from time to time, but I've never really been interested in it, as--and I know none of you fuckers will believe me--we played the total ass out of PB/PL back in the day, all the time.

My conern is they revamped a whole lot more than was needed in HoD. Some good things in it to be sure. The old PB/PL counters wont transition too well. IMO MMP shot themselves in the foot.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 19, 2012, 06:58:06 PM
My brother had that Arab-Israeli version of PB/PL. As the little, little brother, I got to command the crappy Arab shit. I remember being stuck with PLO trash in once scenario.

FUCK YOU GUYS, I'M GONNA GO PLAY MATTEL FOOTBALL.

I still like the PB/PL/AIW games alot. While in their stock form they are outdated. But IMO they got a lot of things right. The good thing is their is still a diehard community behind them. A lot of the short commings have been addressed. Imaginative Strategist has a good site for PB stuff. 

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 19, 2012, 10:42:37 PM
I still like the PB/PL/AIW games alot. While in their stock form they are outdated. But IMO they got a lot of things right. The good thing is their is still a diehard community behind them. A lot of the short commings have been addressed. Imaginative Strategist has a good site for PB stuff.

Yeah, very revolutionary at the time, but a lot of other systems on the tactical/platoon level have outpaced it.  Still a viable game system, though.

Had a ton of fun with that system in high school and college, especially with PL.  So much Brit hardware.  But the AIW game is a blast as well, lots of stuff in there that's still only rarely addressed with more modern Arab-Israeli treatments.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2012, 10:52:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 19, 2012, 10:42:37 PM

Yeah, very revolutionary at the time, but a lot of other systems on the tactical/platoon level have outpaced it.  Still a viable game system, though.

Had a ton of fun with that system in high school and college, especially with PL.  So much Brit hardware.  But the AIW game is a blast as well, lots of stuff in there that's still only rarely addressed with more modern Arab-Israeli treatments.

Good points. Too many modules, add-ons and the like nowadays. Seems more a marketing ploy.

CountDeMoney

LOLZ, catching up on all my CSW threads;  Habbaku fights censorship.  Power to the pipple, Habs!  :D