And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 13, 2012, 12:03:15 PM
Put my order in for Panzer..... <_<

:lol:  I ordered it and Andean Abyss today as well.

Oooh, I forgot to tell you: scored unpunched, mint copies of AH's Submarine and GDW's Road To The Rhine for $18 each.  Pristine copies. 

Let's hear it for estate sales.

Tamas

Quote from: Tamas on July 11, 2012, 06:49:35 AM
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/boardgame-review-assyrian-wars.htm

Not that any of you lazy gits care, but I have been testing this on my own.

What a game this could have been! CDG, multiplayer, interesting not well-covered era, rich historical flavour, distinctivly different player countries, good detail in combat via unit types.
It has all that, but the badly written rules slow it down to almost monster game speed, while it certainly is not a monster. It's not that the rules are incomplete or bad, but somehow they manage to hide important stuff pretty well. I think most of it is the translation from German.

I STILL would like a PBEM game :P I think I have covered enough of it to spot if anyone else would be making a serious rule mistake, but I can't really recommend it to be bought for F2F gaming, unless you know a guy who already has experience in it.

Solmyr

I'm up for a PBEM game. Is it on CB? Where can the rules/pictures be found?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on July 13, 2012, 03:45:22 PM
I'm up for a PBEM game. Is it on CB? Where can the rules/pictures be found?

you can find the living rules and CB module here:

living rules: http://www.ugg.de/bg/AW/AWRules.pdf

CB module: http://www.ugg.de/bg/AW/Grafic/AWcyber.zip

What is missing is the scenarios information, and a pretty useful 2-pages summary of charts and stuff, which I can provide if we have enough people, of course.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 12:35:42 PM

Oooh, I forgot to tell you: scored unpunched, mint copies of AH's Submarine and GDW's Road To The Rhine for $18 each.  Pristine copies. 

Very nice.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 12:35:42 PM

Got the rules to Panzer off GMT's site. Very familar considering how long ago I played MBT/IDF. I played those two quite a bit along with GDW's Assault series.

and yes reading those rules started an itch. You know the kind. I have ordered MBT and IDF from noble Knight  <_< . They will be in my possession again.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2012, 07:27:31 PM
and yes reading those rules started an itch. You know the kind. I have ordered MBT and IDF from noble Knight  <_< . They will be in my possession again.

:lol:  Only thing worse than a crackhead is a recidivist crackhead.

They aren't too expensive, are they? They were some of the last mass-printed titles from AH's own shop.  Should be tons of copies around.

CountDeMoney

with GDW's Assault series.

Always wanted those and the Third World War series.  :glare:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

:lol:  Only thing worse than a crackhead is a recidivist crackhead.

They aren't too expensive, are they? They were some of the last mass-printed titles from AH's own shop.  Should be tons of copies around.

MBT 55.00
IDF 85.00  :lol:

11B4V

CountDeMoney

No, they're not;  frigging outrageous for that whole set.

$85 for IDF?  What the fuck, did it come shrink wrapped in Siegy's foreskin?  Damn.

11B4V

I dont know what's up with IDF

BGG Marketplace
New  AU $120.00  13-Jul-2012   
Like New  €80.00  2-May-2011   
Like New  €95.00  4-Nov-2007

NW 75.00-80.00
Noble Knight 85.00 s/o now  :P
T&T 65.00 s/o 

Ed Anger

Anybody familiar with the Vae Victus games GMT distributes here in the states? Aspern-Essling looks interesting, but I just don't know.

And before somebody says buy them while over there, it is still more expensive than getting them through a US retailer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Bored tonight. Farting around with a revised OOB of Bloodbath at Kursk.

Ed Anger

I noticed that forums whipping boy Rinella has formed his own wargame company.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive