The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2012, 11:00:04 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 23, 2012, 10:58:04 AM
The "Air War" of tank games.

My God, let's hope not.  :bleeding:

I mean, MBT/IDF is user-friendly enough.  I don't think GMT would make that kind of mistake in today's gaming market.

I think the designer talks a little about the new Panzer here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/601846/new-panzer-vs-old-panzer
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Well, I guess if people don't like it and want an alternative, they can always play Combat Commander.  You know, the "tactical WW2 combat game" without vehicles at all.   :lol: OMG INFANTRY ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKE

Habbaku

kingdom of Heaven starts shipping Monday.  :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 23, 2012, 11:44:52 AM
kingdom of Heaven starts shipping Monday.  :yeah:

The only thing that drives me nuts about MMP is how they wait for weeks before they ship to wholesalers. :bleeding:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 23, 2012, 11:53:43 AM
S Craig Taylor died.  :(

Well, shit.  A giant of a name in the industry.

Syt

RPS reviews the reprint of Fortress America:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/24/cardboard-children-fortress-america/

It also sums up my feelings about America when I was a kid:

QuoteSee, when I was young, America was this big scary glamorous place that would fuck you up if you looked at it the wrong way. America existed in my head as a creature with Stallone's muscles, an eagle's head, Ronald Reagan's voice and a rocket launcher. In the 1980s, American culture fed me the idea that the USA was built on solid foundations of kissing beautiful girls, driving shit hot cars, shooting anyone who wasn't American, putting lasers in space and playing some pretty sweet rawk guitar. Now all of this is BAD, sure, and it was a LIE too. But for an 8 year old boy in Glasgow it was certainly cool. Every kid wanted to be an American in the 80s. Fact. These days America is just a confused skinny dude with horn-rimmed glasses trying to decide what to do with a bible.

Exchange Glasgow with a small town in North Germany, and it's spot on. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2012, 03:33:44 AM
It also sums up my feelings about America when I was a kid:

QuoteSee, when I was young, America was this big scary glamorous place that would fuck you up if you looked at it the wrong way. America existed in my head as a creature with Stallone's muscles, an eagle's head, Ronald Reagan's voice and a rocket launcher. In the 1980s, American culture fed me the idea that the USA was built on solid foundations of kissing beautiful girls, driving shit hot cars, shooting anyone who wasn't American, putting lasers in space and playing some pretty sweet rawk guitar. Now all of this is BAD, sure, and it was a LIE too. But for an 8 year old boy in Glasgow it was certainly cool. Every kid wanted to be an American in the 80s. Fact. These days America is just a confused skinny dude with horn-rimmed glasses trying to decide what to do with a bible.

Exchange Glasgow with a small town in North Germany, and it's spot on. :blush:

LOL, Now I don't know about all that.

The Brain

Sword of Rome was on sale at my local store so I bought it. Mostly because I like the time period, I have no real plans right now to play it. Is it any good?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on June 24, 2012, 09:55:30 AM
Sword of Rome was on sale at my local store so I bought it. Mostly because I like the time period, I have no real plans right now to play it. Is it any good?

Hmmm, good question--Habs might know.  But I know there's an expansion kit available, so you may want to score that, just to feel OCD complete.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2012, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 24, 2012, 09:55:30 AM

Hmmm, good question--Habs might know.  But I know there's an expansion kit available, so you may want to score that, just to feel OCD complete.

This said it included the 5-player expansion (second printing and all).

Having a mounted board was nice, didn't expect that (until I picked up the box).
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Man, are there some sensitive ass fuckers over at BGG.  :lol:

CdM:  WARNED  :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2012, 12:45:23 PM

Was you in the Misogyny thread over there?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

CSW is going slower than old people fuck, so I can't even check to see what I missed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2012, 02:38:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2012, 12:45:23 PM

Was you in the Misogyny thread over there?

No, even more fun:  Der Holocaust.