News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Hey Habs, you and your droogies making it to Lancaster this summer?

Habbaku

Yeah, we're packing 'em in like sardines again this year.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Unless I become gainfully employed by then, I'll swing by and say Hella...?

Let's see...Combat Commander, BO: Normandy, HIS, Advanced Civ.... :hmm:

HIS, though?  Really, J?  JESUS H CHRIST YOURE NOT A WRITER YOURE A KILLER

Well, at least with Combat Commander, Berkut can't complain about the other guy attacking him for no reason.  :nelson:

szmik

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2012, 09:55:33 AM
Well, at least with Combat Commander, Berkut can't complain about the other guy attacking him for no reason.  :nelson:
good one
:lmfao:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Habbaku

That'd be fun.  Hopefully won't see you there if renewed employment prevents it. :cheers:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Nobody has ever complained about you attacking them for any reason.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on June 19, 2012, 10:23:09 AM

That'd be fun.  Hopefully won't see you there if renewed employment prevents it. :cheers:

Something will prevent it, but it won't be employment. Or lack of employment.

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2012, 10:26:52 AM

lol, My social calendar is blown wide open, baby.  DayRunner is:  blank as a motherfucker.  :(

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2012, 12:20:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2012, 10:26:52 AM

lol, My social calendar is blown wide open, baby.  DayRunner is:  blank as a motherfucker.  :(

Hell, come on up and visit for a weekend. Play some games. Its only about 6 hours.

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Ha

LnL BoB, NOSB, and DJ have arrived. Nice components in all three. For some reason there is a Ponyri scenario in Dark July. That is the reason for the Ferdinand. The DJ module is centered around Prokhorovka. So the Ponyri scenario is like..... :huh: . They could have added another Tiger instead of that POS assault gun. :mad:

Oh and CM Normandy and Commonwealth too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 21, 2012, 09:36:49 AM
Ha

LnL BoB, NOSB, and DJ have arrived. Nice components in all three. For some reason there is a Ponyri scenario in Dark July. That is the reason for the Ferdinand. The DJ module is centered around Prokhorovka. So the Ponyri scenario is like..... :huh: . They could have added another Tiger instead of that POS assault gun. :mad:

Like I said, Lock n Load can be a little hit or miss when it comes to their stuff.  Should've named the company "Spray N Pray".  Heh.  Just made that one up.

The more I read through it, the more I'm impressed with the mechanics of Summer Lightning, though.  Always been intrigued with operational level and below Poland '39 stuff.  I like games where the Poles have a chance, and can show their grit.

QuoteOh and CM Normandy and Commonwealth too.

Let me know if the Germans scream when they're hit by PIATs.

CountDeMoney

GMT's busy summer continues, update from Monday:

QuoteShipping: We began shipping TODAY for both Next War: Korea :yeah: and Red Winter. It should take us about 5 days to get all the P500 games out, so look for yours soon! Next up, within just a few weeks, will be the new/reprint editions of Ardennes' 44 and Reds, as well as the Dominant Species Card Game, which is arriving a bit earlier than we expected last time we did an update.

Charging:  Starting tomorrow, June 21, we will charge all P500 orders for  Andean Abyss :yeah: and the Dominant Species Card Game

July 5: Crown of Roses, Panzer :yeah:
July 19: Bloody April, Panzer Expansions 1 & 2 :yeah:

Interesting p500 intro tidbit for you WW1tards--

QuoteDesigner Michael Resch, whose previous GMT design, 1914 Twilight in the East, was the 2007 Charles S. Roberts Award winner for Best pre-WWII Board Game and Best Wargame Graphics, has a new game! This time, in 1914, Offensive à outrance, Mike takes us to the Western Front of WWI, focusing on the early 1914 campaigns. For those of you who liked Twilight in the East and for you WWI gamers in general, we think you'll like this one. Click the banner above for more details and to order.

11B4V

Panzer, had to jog the memory on that one.

The "Air War" of tank games.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 23, 2012, 10:58:04 AM
The "Air War" of tank games.

My God, let's hope not.  :bleeding:

I mean, MBT/IDF is user-friendly enough.  I don't think GMT would make that kind of mistake in today's gaming market.