And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2012, 08:38:51 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 08, 2012, 07:46:14 AM
Quick question for HIS here (so as not to clutter the VQ thread). Reformation rule says:

QuoteHe adds a +1 die roll modifier to each roll if this attempt was generated by Calvin's Institutes or a Full Bible translation and if this attempt is in the target language zone(s).

Does this mean that you get +2 if both conditions apply, or do both conditions need to apply to get +1?

You cannot have a reformation attempt that is both "generated by Calvin's Institutes" and "generated by...a Full Bible translation."

You get +1 if:

1) The attempt was generated by Calvin's Institute and the attempt is in the target language zone (France); or
2) The attempt was generated by a full Bible translation in a language and the attempt is in that language zone.

Okay, the way I was reading it was:

+1 die roll modifier to each roll if
a) this attempt was generated by Calvin's Institutes or a Full Bible translation
and if
b) this attempt is in the target language zone(s)

So my question was whether you had to have both (a) and (b) to get +1, or whether you got +1 for (a) and another +1 for (b). I think I got it now though.

Habbaku

You only ever get a single DRM.  No double-stacking the +1s there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Another question, about minor powers. Suppose England DOWs Scotland but France doesn't intervene, so Scotland remains unactivated and fights the war on its own. If England destroys the Scottish army and controls all its spaces, what happens? Does the war simply go on until France (or someone) allies with Scotland and fights for its spaces?

Habbaku

Correct; the war would go on indefinitely, but with no one really able to do anything with Scotland.

If someone played Diplomatic Marriage to activate Scotland, they could then get credit for Edinburgh with a later play of City State Rebels (or vice-versa--play of CSR, then DM), but that would take a lot of resources to get that one key.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

When someone else who will actually play Angola gets theirs, let me know. Never buying a game again just because Seedy has it. <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2012, 04:33:15 PM
When someone else who will actually play Angola gets theirs, let me know. Never buying a game again just because Seedy has it. <_<

How much does it cost, and can you buy it if you ddn't pre-order it?

:shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Gringo! is a wonderful game system.  :unsure:

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2012, 08:05:30 PM

Gringo! is a wonderful game system.  :unsure:

I wouldn't know you ass.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2012, 05:01:50 PM

How much does it cost, and can you buy it if you ddn't pre-order it?

:shifty:

I want to be whichever side gets to kill Cubans.

Solmyr

I have another question about HIS. Suppose England declares war on Scotland and France intervenes. England captures Edinburgh and France captures Calais. Subsequently they agree to peace and England keeps Edinburgh. What if Scotland is later deactivated via card play, does England still keep Edinburgh or is the English control marker removed?

Tamas

katmai

Maladict

Quote from: katmai on June 12, 2012, 03:23:53 AM
Anybody have more insight on 1989 by GMT?

I received my copy, will be playing it next Saturday.

katmai

rgr that, yeah saw it at my game/hobby/comic shop over weekend.

Maladict

It looks great, excellent production value. I'm a tad afraid I've bought a second copy of Twilight Struggle, though.