News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Solmyr on June 06, 2012, 09:22:51 AM
HIS arrived in the mail. :yeah: Now to get some friends together.

Heavy fucker, ain't it?  Gotta love a game you could kill a grown man with.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2012, 09:31:48 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 06, 2012, 09:22:51 AM
HIS arrived in the mail. :yeah: Now to get some friends together.

Heavy fucker, ain't it?  Gotta love a game you could kill a grown man with.

I like the VQ package that had 6lbs on the packing label. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

GMT's update from yesterday:

QuoteCharging and Shipping Schedule

Shipping: Since our last update, we have shipped all the P500 orders for the 3rd Printing of Dominant Species, as well as the Update Kits that we offered for that game. Next up for shipping will be Next War: Korea and Red Winter, both shipping later this month.

Charging: On May 24-26, we charged for Next War: Korea, as well as for the new/reprint editions of Ardennes' 44 and Reds, respectively.

Yesterday, June 5, we charged for Red Winter. Due to some short production delays on a few other games and the earlier-than-expected arrival of Andean Abyss, we have decided to hold off a bit on our other previously announced charges, and revise the near-future Charge Schedule to look like this:

June 21: Andean Abyss, Dominant Species Card Game
July 5: Crown of Roses, Panzer
July 19: Bloody April, Panzer Expansions 1 & 2.

Estimated shipping dates:

Late June, 2012:
Next War: Korea
Red Winter

Early July, 2012:
Ardennes '44 (New Edition)
Reds (Reprint Edition)

Mid-Late July, 2012:
Andean Abyss
Dominant Species: The Card Game

August, 2012:
Bloody April, 1917
Crown of Roses
Panzer + Expansions 1 and 2

September, 2012:
Space Empires: Close Encounters
Saints in Armor
Fading Glory

October, 2012:
Mr. Madison's War
Pax Baltica 

November, 2012:
The Hunters (for Consimworld Press)
Commands & Colors Napoleonics, 2nd Printing
C & C Napoleonics: The Russian Army

Unscheduled for Now:
The Supreme Commander (Once we get a new developer and address one balance issue, we'll add this one back to the schedule)
Battle for Normandy Expansion Pack
Great Campaigns of the Thirty Years War

I was really hoping to see the BfN expansion pack this summer.  :(  Really looking forward to Andean Abyss, though.  Between that and Angola!, your brown person fix should be sated for the year.
The Panzer system, just in time for football season.  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Any of you guys ever played Munchkin?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2012, 06:58:50 AM
Any of you guys ever played Munchkin?

Played a few sessions with guys at work;  fun and mindless.

frunk

Definitely mindless, very little fun.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: frunk on June 07, 2012, 10:31:56 AM
Definitely mindless, very little fun.

:lol:

As an aside, I highly recommend Red November as brain toast.

CountDeMoney

:cool:

Somebody mentioned that it looks like UNO goes to war.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

They're shipping to pre-orders now;  people have been receiving their copies already.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Quick question for HIS here (so as not to clutter the VQ thread). Reformation rule says:

QuoteHe adds a +1 die roll modifier to each roll if this attempt was generated by Calvin's Institutes or a Full Bible translation and if this attempt is in the target language zone(s).

Does this mean that you get +2 if both conditions apply, or do both conditions need to apply to get +1?

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on June 08, 2012, 07:46:14 AM
Quick question for HIS here (so as not to clutter the VQ thread). Reformation rule says:

QuoteHe adds a +1 die roll modifier to each roll if this attempt was generated by Calvin's Institutes or a Full Bible translation and if this attempt is in the target language zone(s).

Does this mean that you get +2 if both conditions apply, or do both conditions need to apply to get +1?

You cannot have a reformation attempt that is both "generated by Calvin's Institutes" and "generated by...a Full Bible translation."

You get +1 if:

1) The attempt was generated by Calvin's Institute and the attempt is in the target language zone (France); or
2) The attempt was generated by a full Bible translation in a language and the attempt is in that language zone.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2012, 07:18:33 AM
They're shipping to pre-orders now;  people have been receiving their copies already.

Considering you're, what, five feet from their office, I'm surprised you didn't just walk over there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2012, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2012, 07:18:33 AM

Considering you're, what, five feet from their office, I'm surprised you didn't just walk over there.

I asked that once, I believe I was rebuffed for some reason.  Not to mention ordering something from them direct they had in stock took over 10 days to get here once.  :lol:

Next time they ask for volunteers for a mega collating party though, I'm raising my hand.