News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2012, 10:29:27 PM
I went for a punched copy a few months back. Depends, you a player or collector?

I'm a player when I can find opponents.  I wouldn't mind sitting on this copy and finding another punched one, though.

Habbaku

Kingdom of Heaven is finally grinding along.  Could be as little as 2 weeks until the games go out.  Ditto Angola.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 22, 2012, 10:33:11 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2012, 10:29:27 PM
I went for a punched copy a few months back. Depends, you a player or collector?

I'm a player when I can find opponents.  I wouldn't mind sitting on this copy and finding another punched one, though.

Prob a good COA :thumbsup:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Me, my brother, and our wives played Carcassone over the weekend.  Had never played it before.  It was fun.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 22, 2012, 10:38:57 PM
Kingdom of Heaven is finally grinding along.  Could be as little as 2 weeks until the games go out.  Ditto Angola.

Wooties!

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2012, 10:53:26 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 22, 2012, 10:38:57 PM

Wooties!

Two I've been waiting on
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I want my Jonas Savimbi counter.  I will make his little accent ever time he moves, too.

CountDeMoney

Hey Habs, you hear any jungle tom toms on the improvements on the 2012 edition of Wacht Am Rhein from the 2nd edition?  I've read some comments from Youst on the boards, but I'm having trouble looking for any playtest comments.

Now with the Hurtgen expansion, me want.

Solmyr

So if I want to get either Here I Stand or Virgin Queen, and potentially introduce some friends to it, which one should I get first?

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on May 24, 2012, 06:28:35 AM
So if I want to get either Here I Stand or Virgin Queen, and potentially introduce some friends to it, which one should I get first?

I'd suggest Here I Stand, because it's finished.  All the weird questions have been asked and answered on consimworld or in the faq on Ed Beach's site.

The Brain

Grabbed Raicer's The First World War from my FLGS. A month ago I realized that a very high level WW1 game that could be played quickly would be cool. I don't know if this is it (I understand that many people dislike it) but it was fairly cheap.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 07:21:23 AM
Hey Habs, you hear any jungle tom toms on the improvements on the 2012 edition of Wacht Am Rhein from the 2nd edition?  I've read some comments from Youst on the boards, but I'm having trouble looking for any playtest comments.

It's a Youst game.  Don't hold your breath on it being worth a damn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 24, 2012, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2012, 07:21:23 AM

It's a Youst game.  Don't hold your breath on it being worth a damn.

:lol:  Candor noted and catalogued.