Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 10, 2012, 06:42:26 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2012, 12:26:53 PM
WOOT! Got my copy of Tactics II today!

Since I'm not going to be doing much for the foreseeable future, I think I just might grace Languish with a Tactics II AAR.

I believe it when i see it <_<

He said while clearing the dust off Gringo.

:lol:  It's Tactics II.  Only an AAR of checkers would be less interesting.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Maladict

Dammit where's MY 1989?  :ultra:

First impressions? Before the cat ruined it?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maladict on May 14, 2012, 04:14:45 PM
Dammit where's MY 1989?  :ultra:

First impressions? Before the cat ruined it?

Kind of curious about that myself.

I don't think there's a "Execute Gay Polish Lawyer Bloc" card to play, though.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2012, 02:33:04 PM
I would shoot myself if I was still an ASL fan. The glacial pace they release content would make me insane.

I don't really have the time to commit to it or the patience to learn the tactical nuances, but I don't think the OOP problem is the key bottleneck. 

The rule Book, the East Front module and the UK core module are all in print - so that gives Germans, Soviets and the UK which is plenty to work with.  Plus you can get all sorts of other counters and scenarios from the starter kits, which they seem to be committing to keep in print on somewhat regular basis.  Plus they are constantly releasing new scenarios and boards in those add-on packs.  If you really want to play Pacific or French-Italian skirmishes you are out of look or spending high on ebay but there is still a lot to do with what's out.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah, if you're solely an East Front fan, you have everything needed available to you with current ASL production.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 15, 2012, 12:36:45 PM
Oh yeah, if you're solely an East Front fan, you have everything needed available to you with current ASL production.

I cant take hits off that bong. Good games to be sure.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lucidor

I still see some Romans standing. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lucidor on May 17, 2012, 01:39:53 AM
I still see some Romans standing. :)

I'm sure there's a CATaphract joke in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Ed Anger

M Garfieldus Catallus commanding.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Today's GMT update

QuoteCharging Schedule:

Charge #1: We will charge on Thursday, May 24, for the following three items:

Ardennes '44 ( Reprint Edition)
Reds (Reprint Edition)
Next War: Korea

If you have ordered any of these games via the "Pay by Check" method, please send your checks out by May 24th.

Charge #2: We will charge on Tuesday, June 5, for the following items:

Dominant Species: The Card Game
Panzer (base game)
Red Winter

If you have ordered any of these games via the "Pay by Check" method, please send your checks out by June 5.

Charge #3: We will charge on Thursday, June 21, for these two items:

Panzer Expansion #1
Panzer Expansion #2

If you have ordered either of these expansions via the "Pay by Check" method, please send your checks out by June 21.

Woot, NW:K and Panzer in the same summer!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Its older than me, but I scored and unpunched copy of SPI's Golan this weekend.  Don't know if I want to ruin that pretty card...

11B4V

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 22, 2012, 10:27:08 PM
Its older than me, but I scored and unpunched copy of SPI's Golan this weekend.  Don't know if I want to ruin that pretty card...

I went for a punched copy a few months back. Depends, you a player or collector?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".