News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

5 days or so I guess as it shipped on 3rd. But yeah.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Speaking of ASL, a week old, but still a production update from MMP:

QuoteASL Update

Rising Sun: Counters, rules, overlays, and scenarios are in the final stages of layout and proofing. The geo maps and the Gavutu-Tanambogo map are all done. We are finalizing the errata/Q&A updates that will be included in the new edition of Chapter G. There is a lot of "stuff" here and I'm trying to make sure all of the interconnected threads are still tied properly. Also, the overlays from RS are obviously intimately associated with The Overlay Bundle that is being developed concurrently, and should be able to complete it later this summer, once RS has been wrapped up.

Journal 10: We've taken the opportunity presented by Festung Budapest to develop some new FB material for J10. We'll have a new FB scenario and article, both by Bill Cirillo, and a Series Replay of FB17 Stalingrad Redux featuring Phil Palmer (Russians), John Slotwinski (Germans), and Sean Deller (neutral commentary). J10 will, of course, also contain several other articles and 12-16 other scenarios.

Decision at Elst is the first ASL Starter Kit Historical module and covers the fighting between British and German forces in the area known as "the Island" located between Nijmegen and Arnhem during Operation MARKET-GARDEN. Playtesting has wrapped up and we are in the final proofing stage for the components. These will include a 22" x 34" map, the latest SK rules set, 4 stand-alone scenarios, a Campaign Game, specific rules for the Elst ASLSK HASL, charts, and enough counters to play the entire module without having to own any other ASLSK product. Anyone who came to this year's Winter Offensive got a glimpse of the almost-final map.

Hakkaa Päälle continues to steam along. I have recently been working on its counters as well as its new rules. We are also updating the national Capabilities Chart to not only include the new Finn units and characteristics, but also Hungarian, Marine Raider/Paramarine, and SS MMC that have all been released since the last version of the chart was published.

At some point in the not-too-distant future we will be producing Martin Svärd and Erik Leander's mini-module Swedish Volunteers, covering the exploits of the Swedish Volunteer Corps in World War II. This will include 12-16 scenarios and a sheet of counters for the Infantry, SW, and Guns of the SVC. We're still discussing the best format for its release (magazine, scenario pack, etc.) but will post as soon as we know more details.

Lots of other "down the road" projects are still moving forward nicely as well, such as Korea ASL, Manila, Ortona, the reprints for both the Italian and the American core modules, and much much more.

Berkut

I would shoot myself if I was still an ASL fan. The glacial pace they release content would make me insane.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

You'd at least have Critical Hit's shit to buy for ASL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2012, 02:33:04 PM
I would shoot myself if I was still an ASL fan. The glacial pace they release content would make me insane.

No kidding.

As somebody who missed (read: voluntarily opted out) the ASL rage of the early 90s and onward, actually wanting to get into the system and waiting for them to reprint the series has been painful to watch.

But I do so detest the ASL community: talk about a snobby elitist buncha bastards.

Ed Anger

SFB Module V: Stupid shit we made up with weapons that are just renamed Photons

SFB Module X: The ISC. To play them, you have to cram a bunch of ships on the map. Enjoy that 3 day game nerds.

SFB: Module F: Fighters. All the Federation fighters are named after American fighters. Stephen V Cole has no imagination edition.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2012, 02:50:56 PM
SFB Module V: Stupid shit we made up with weapons that are just renamed Photons

SFB Module X: The ISC. To play them, you have to cram a bunch of ships on the map. Enjoy that 3 day game nerds.

SFB: Module F: Fighters. All the Federation fighters are named after American fighters. Stephen V Cole has no imagination edition.

:lol: yea. I hear and only have heard the stripped down version plays pretty well though. No exp with it. I'm not going to collect XX upteen modules.

BTW that reminds me I need to get ISC War for F+E.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ordered ISC War and Labyrinth

Damn you Ed Anger :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 12:06:45 AM

Don't put that Federation Commander crack pipe in your mouth, man.  I'm telling you now.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2012, 12:26:35 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 10, 2012, 12:06:45 AM

Don't put that Federation Commander crack pipe in your mouth, man.  I'm telling you now.

;)

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

WOOT! Got my copy of Tactics II today!

Since I'm not going to be doing much for the foreseeable future, I think I just might grace Languish with a Tactics II AAR.

11B4V

Ill be looking forword to that. :cheers:

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2012, 12:26:53 PM
WOOT! Got my copy of Tactics II today!

Since I'm not going to be doing much for the foreseeable future, I think I just might grace Languish with a Tactics II AAR.

I believe it when i see it <_<

He said while clearing the dust off Gringo.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son