News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Ordered:

Mercury / Market Garden (A Rinella game just for tha haters)
VC II (DAMMIT SEEDY)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 05:20:38 PM
VC II (DAMMIT SEEDY)

Junkies always blame their pimps.  I DIDNT PUT THAT PIPE IN YOUR DICE TOWER

CountDeMoney

Wooties!  FedEx Fairy arrived!

Christ, Strike of The Eagle is fucking heavy.  Knew it was a block game;  didn't know it was cinder blocks.

Habbaku

:D  It's an excellent production, all around.  The map takes some getting used to because of how muddy everything is, though, but it does its job.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 24, 2012, 08:31:10 PM
:D  It's an excellent production, all around.  The map takes some getting used to because of how muddy everything is, though, but it does its job.

Yeah, the map looks kinda like what would happen if you took a color satellite photograph of the Ardennes and used it as an overlay for Candyland.

CountDeMoney

Also, for any of you guys that missed the Grand Tactical Series with Devil's Cauldron and Where Eagles Dare[/i], No Question of Surrender is a great one-mapper of the system. 

I mean, c'mon;  Rommel's boys and everyone's favorite comic sidekicks, the Italians, versus The Fucking French Fucking Foreign Fucking Legion, man.  Doesn't get much cooler than that.

Berkut

I dunno, pretty much anything NOT involving the French and Italians would be cooler than that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on April 25, 2012, 11:14:50 AM
I dunno, pretty much anything NOT involving the French and Italians would be cooler than that.

Think of it as a competitive Division I-A match-up.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

found a copy and it's on the way. :showoff:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 28, 2012, 08:06:23 PM

I just did you one better, Daddyo.  Just scored an unpunched mint copy of Tactics II for $20.

And she will be punched.  Oh yes, she will be punched.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

It isn't right to clip your counters until the counters grow old enough to make their own decision on the matter.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2012, 12:57:00 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 28, 2012, 08:06:23 PM

I just did you one better, Daddyo.  Just scored an unpunched mint copy of Tactics II for $20.

And she will be punched.  Oh yes, she will be punched.

Vice nice
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".