News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

PLayed that tonight with Nels. I liked it a lot - the rules are kind of....loose though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

YOU PEOPLE PUT ME BACK INTO A BUYING MOOD. I WANTED TO WAIT UNTIL SUMMER.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2012, 01:03:14 AM
PLayed that tonight with Nels. I liked it a lot - the rules are kind of....loose though.

It was a loose kinda war.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2012, 06:38:41 PM
YOU PEOPLE PUT ME BACK INTO A BUYING MOOD. I WANTED TO WAIT UNTIL SUMMER.  :(

That's when they all pile up, man.  Too many titles being released this year.  You have to pace yourself.

I just ordered No Question of Surrender and Strike of Eagles today.  I have an addiction.  :(

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2012, 01:03:14 AM

Elaborate.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2012, 06:40:41 PM
Strike of Eagles today.

Do you mean Strike of the Eagle, the Polish-Soviet War block game?  If so, that's a good pick, at least from my limited playings (a few scenarios, one of which Berkut was in).

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2012, 07:28:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2012, 06:40:41 PM
Strike of Eagles today.

Do you mean Strike of the Eagle, the Polish-Soviet War block game?  If so, that's a good pick, at least from my limited playings (a few scenarios, one of which Berkut was in).

Yeah, typing too fast.  I met Uwe last year and he had emailed me a draft of the rules, but I only now got to it in my batting order.  The mechanics read really well, but I haven't been able to manhandle it. 
Not too thrilled with the map, but that's cosmetic.

Really not enough titles on that fascinating conflict.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Dammit. I'm poking through Worthington's catalog.

Fuckers.

Tamas

Fuck you all. I have decided to not buy any more games until late this year the earliest. I have way too many shit I never played, even with having access to a decent-sized gaming group.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 07:52:27 AM
Dammit. I'm poking through Worthington's catalog.

Fuckers.

Definitely get Victoria's Cross II.  Best system to bayonet darkies with since 3W's Rorke's Drift.

Ed Anger

I'll upload the rules onto dropbox and read them on the can later with my iPad.  :)