News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

While overwrought, not sure I see anything wrong with the sentiment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2012, 06:41:44 PM

The comical part is, he's addressing the "pervasive misogyny" of female wargamers.

Now, I've been to my share of wargame conventions, and in all honesty, I've only seen one Panzer pusher with tits.  Ever.  And that was Origins '85.

Ed Anger

However, I've seen plenty of wargamers with tits. All male.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2012, 06:52:05 PM
However, I've seen plenty of wargamers with tits. All male.

HEY NOW

CountDeMoney

Speaking of internet brouhahas, gotta check out the "Line of Battle Series (was RSS) (MMP/The Gamers)" thread over at CSW.

Nothing like Confederatards squealing over Lee at Gettysburg.  OMG WHAT IF HE ARRIVED 3 HOURS EARLIER THE FATE OF TEH NATION WAWS AT HAND

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 06:44:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 13, 2012, 06:41:44 PM

The comical part is, he's addressing the "pervasive misogyny" of female wargamers.

Now, I've been to my share of wargame conventions, and in all honesty, I've only seen one Panzer pusher with tits.  Ever.  And that was Origins '85.

She.  She's also the infamous Beer Lady of WBC.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 10:31:59 PM
Speaking of internet brouhahas, gotta check out the "Line of Battle Series (was RSS) (MMP/The Gamers)" thread over at CSW.

Nothing like Confederatards squealing over Lee at Gettysburg.  OMG WHAT IF HE ARRIVED 3 HOURS EARLIER THE FATE OF TEH NATION WAWS AT HAND

It bothers them so much that they cant pull a victory out of it and their beloved Lee was out generaled.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 14, 2012, 02:07:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

It bothers them so much that they cant pull a victory out of it and their beloved Lee was out generaled.

Makes me want to change my avatar to Sherman with the tag "Yeah, I burn little gray counters"

garbon

QuoteShipping:  We will begin shipping P500 orders of both 1989 and Virgin Queen on Tuesday, May 1.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

My copy of Amateurs To Arms should be here Wednesday.

Habbaku

Every day that I don't have War of the Suns or Kingdom of Heaven hurts me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 17, 2012, 07:48:17 PM
Every day that I don't have War of the Suns or Kingdom of Heaven hurts me.

Soon, grasshopper.  Soon.

CountDeMoney

Hhhmmmm...turns represent 1 to 2 months?  I dunno...