News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Meanwhile, soon-to-come from MMP :

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/25900/kingdom-of-heaven-the-crusader-states-1097-1291-ad

Kingdom of Heaven, a CDG covering a wide variety of the wars in the Crusading era ("Nine scenarios cover all the major campaigns of the era, from the First, Second and Third Crusades to the Mongol invasion and the rise of the Mamluk Empire.")

And...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4688/angola

Angola, an awesome game covering the fun segment of the Angolan Civil War.  Cubans and South Africans and tanks, oh, my.  It's a reprint that's got new artwork and incorporates some minor changes, but otherwise remains the same game.  Berkut can stump for this one as well since he's played it.

Both are in production and should be shipping relatively soon.  The pre-order price is still available for both.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on March 14, 2012, 08:44:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 08:02:54 PM
Anybody order the new title from Avalanche Press

:lmfao:

Give em credit, it's not Great War at Sea--The Imperial Navy: What If There Were No Nazis in WW2?

Habbaku

Yeah, Rinella's a piece of shit.  I rated the game a '1' with a 'Meh' comment a few days ago.  I was promptly gifted .10 GeekGold for my efforts.  :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Considering how much of a shithole Consimworld and BGG are, I don't blame the man a bit for being grumpy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Heh, Joe Kuhler's even got a "Rules Lawyer" microbadge.  Heh, like shit like that wouldn't be noticed by him;  and he's called a lying douche for his efforts in calling a duck a duck.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2012, 06:01:15 PM
Ugh, rules lawyers.

HEY NOW  :mad:  THATS WHY THEY ARE THERE: TO ARGUE ABOUT

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on March 29, 2012, 11:51:04 AM
Yeah, Rinella's a piece of shit.  I rated the game a '1' with a 'Meh' comment a few days ago.  I was promptly gifted .10 GeekGold for my efforts.  :lol:

I'm telling you, Languishites don't know the meaning of the term "nasty forum" until they take a spin around CSW or BGG.  Holy fucksticks.  It's worse than academia.

CountDeMoney

Hey 11B, Chris has pushed out the Air Support and Artillery Support supplements for Death Ride Kursk.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2012, 09:28:55 PM
Hey 11B, Chris has pushed out the Air Support and Artillery Support supplements for Death Ride Kursk.

:punk: Thanks it will be on order.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on March 14, 2012, 08:52:39 PM
Meanwhile, soon-to-come from MMP :

They do seem to be on schedule to pump out quite a few products in 2012, a few more titles than they've done the last couple years.  The GTS title on the French Foreign Legion is on its way, and I believe the OCS title for Case Yellow should be out this year, as well as their monster on the Sino-Japanese conflict, which should be awesome as balls.

Personally, I have been waiting a couple years for Angola.  I want my fucking Jonas Savimbi counter.

Habbaku

The best part is that most of MMP's stuff looks like it might actually be fun to play.  I have way more stuff on pre-order from them than I do from GMT, for example, including just about everything of the stuff you mentioned.

Legion of Honour is supposed to be out, soonish, too...

I also found a decent player's copy of Flat Top.  The idea of it sounds intriguing, at least.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 05, 2012, 10:17:10 PM
The best part is that most of MMP's stuff looks like it might actually be fun to play.

Yeah, and comparatively actually playable in a sitting or two.  Surprisingly for all you smart asses, we've managed to knock out a few drops of Tide at Sunrise and King Philip's War;  Angola is another that can conceivably get knocked out in a night, and it looks like a lot more titles are going that way with them:  digestible and playable in short time frames.

QuoteLegion of Honour is supposed to be out, soonish, too...

I don't know what the hold-up is on that, other than the big dust-up over the cover art last year;  but I know it was of paramount economic importance for Charlie to push Moscowa out the door.

QuoteI also found a decent player's copy of Flat Top.  The idea of it sounds intriguing, at least.

Flat Top is definitely one of the all time greatest carrier games, ever.  Best played with an umpire for orders and combat results, though.  Ratchets up the tension something fucking fierce.

garbon

Oh I got the notice that they are going to be charging for Virgin Queen orders.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.