News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Those on the left, I had no idea bath tiles came in those schemes.

11B4V

:lol: It's the Panzer and Guards pattern.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

But, anywho I need to start experimenting maybe with a top coat. Just got to do some research as to witch is best. I will probably settle on a counter thickness between columns 1-2 & 3.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Damn those SS their petroleum jelly.  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

PRC

I found a copy of Axis & Allies at a Value Village (yes, I scavenge thrift stores for board games, sometimes you get a gem) for 6 bucks the other day so I picked it up.  I had a copy in my teenage years.  Sure it ain't high strategy but at that price i'll take it for the box art.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PRC on February 24, 2012, 11:51:47 AM
(yes, I scavenge thrift stores for board games, sometimes you get a gem)

Damned right you do.

11B4V

Iran and Iraq square in the Battle of the Punch Drunk Retards.

CountDeMoney

You know, you get a CRT shift for using 12 year olds to sweep minefields.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 12:42:05 AM
You know, you get a CRT shift for using 12 year olds to sweep minefields.

:D

Moore has some interesting stuff in this one. The review for Guderian's Last Gamble is just about ready for BGG. This one will follow.

For some reason I have an itch for the conflict. Finally found a copy of S&T's Ignorant Armies from fine games.

On the hunt for any AIW mods for the Iran/Iraq War.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 27, 2012, 01:03:18 AM

Honestly, I don't think there is.
I seem to remember an issue of The General that had an expansion for the '82 Lebanon invasion for AIW, but nothing I can recall on War of The Retards.  Which is interesting, since it had the largest armored battles of the post-WW2 era.

Check Grognards?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 27, 2012, 01:03:18 AM

Honestly, I don't think there is.
I seem to remember an issue of The General that had an expansion for the '82 Lebanon invasion for AIW, but nothing I can recall on War of The Retards.  Which is interesting, since it had the largest armored battles of the post-WW2 era.

Check Grognards?

I will. I reading the 600 page tome,The Lessons of Modern War III, The Iran Iraq War right now. Really good BTW, but it's  :lol: :huh: :lmfao: :huh: :wacko:.

CountDeMoney

Speaking of tomes, I just started Grant's Memoirs.  What a fascinating man.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2012, 01:18:25 AM
Speaking of tomes, I just started Grant's Memoirs.  What a fascinating man.

Wonder how sober he was. :D