News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Got invited to play Axis & Allies Global 1940 this weekend. Should I?  :huh:
I played the original back in the day, it was fun but I was around 15 at the time.

11B4V

Re-purchasing some old favs (These had some badass covers.)

AGS Korsun & Kiev(Not shown)

Arnhem
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on January 25, 2012, 11:54:22 PM
Just purchased Assault and Boots & Saddles on BGG. Played the shit outta this system in the day. I bought these in '85 and when a new expansion came out. I have all the maps in my PB/PL game boxes, just not the rest of the games...strange.

Bundeswehr, Chieftain, and Reinforcement are going to be harder to find. :(

:menace: Ah, very familar. From BGG

That map brings back some old memories.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on February 01, 2012, 04:07:35 AM
Got invited to play Axis & Allies Global 1940 this weekend. Should I?  :huh:
I played the original back in the day, it was fun but I was around 15 at the time.

How different is it from the original?  The original was only fun if you had newbs or retards playing the Allies.

Another vote in for Victory Games' Civil War.  Don't bother with the Indian/West nonsense.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2012, 12:52:31 PM

Another vote in for Victory Games' Civil War.  Don't bother with the Indian/West nonsense.

:o

Heresy. How else will Lyon get promoted up when using the Jackson/Lyon optional rule?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 03, 2012, 12:52:31 PM
How different is it from the original?  The original was only fun if you had newbs or retards playing the Allies.

No idea, I'll find out in a few hours.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

HFD is a Paul Rohrbaugh joint and, universally, his games are condemned among anyone who actually wants a fun/serious wargame.  Avoid at all costs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on February 06, 2012, 12:47:19 AM
HFD is a Paul Rohrbaugh joint and, universally, his games are condemned among anyone who actually wants a fun/serious wargame.  Avoid at all costs.

Thank ya

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on February 06, 2012, 12:47:19 AM

Forgive me I just seen his name on this.  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Tamas

Hey Habs, I have been playing two games of Few Acres as the Brits against random Yucata folk and both French-playing fuckers insisted on a zerg rush of sieges and raids.

Now I understand that they are using it to good effect right now, since I have been trying to both block them and expand on the sides which isnt really working out, but is this really a viable French strategy? It must be godawful boring, but effective? The Brits have tons more military cards and easier income sources.

It is fuckin' annoying.

11B4V

ZOMG HES TINKERING WITH A GAME THAT DOESNT ACCOMPLISH WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO!!!!! THE HORROR!!!! :GASP: HE MIGHT FIX IT.

Some of those people at CSW..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11B4V

Still F'ing with Guards Tank. Working on a focused Prokhorovka scenario with JM's go ahead. Here's a map showing the general deployment guidelines for the 10 July '43 start. In order for the whole game to work, partially at least, it needs a map extension off the west edge.