Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2012, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 23, 2012, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 03:10:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 02:09:39 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 12:34:00 PM
This is why "Le vol de l'aigle" (did you end up buying it, CdM?) is so fun. Players are (mostly) in the dark about the rules, their enemies, their allies. You need to trust the referee though.

Yes, it is.  It has the potential to be the best refereed game since Diplomacy.

Personally, I am interested in you checking my Acres invite :P
I have been toying with the idea of hosting a game here - but I have so little time...

:hmm:  For what it's worth, I put in an order for the 1st volume and was considering the same thing.  I should be able to take care of running it if you were interested in playing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 23, 2012, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2012, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 23, 2012, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 03:10:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 02:09:39 PM
Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 12:34:00 PM
This is why "Le vol de l'aigle" (did you end up buying it, CdM?) is so fun. Players are (mostly) in the dark about the rules, their enemies, their allies. You need to trust the referee though.

Yes, it is.  It has the potential to be the best refereed game since Diplomacy.

Personally, I am interested in you checking my Acres invite :P
I have been toying with the idea of hosting a game here - but I have so little time...

:hmm:  For what it's worth, I put in an order for the 1st volume and was considering the same thing.  I should be able to take care of running it if you were interested in playing.

:rolleyes: I was saying: I invited you to the Acres game about 3 days ago.

Habbaku

Ah, and you didn't feel the need to post this in the thread that you asked me about for some reason?  Despite my specifically asking you to do just that?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 23, 2012, 04:52:59 PM
Ah, and you didn't feel the need to post this in the thread that you asked me about for some reason?  Despite my specifically asking you to do just that?

You ought to get an e-mail about it.

Habbaku

I didn't, but I'll go ahead and figure out why not on Yucata's thingy.

You're up.   :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ain't that Yucata software just swell? I couldnt get the "trader" action activate for my, you know, trader, so I discarded it thinking perhaps that's the way. It wasn't :bleeding:

Habbaku

Discard = discard.

To get the multiple-cards-required action working, you have to click each card involved in the action, then hit the button necessary.  So, you click the Trader card, then click whichever furs you're going to use for it.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 24, 2012, 10:33:41 AM
Discard = discard.

To get the multiple-cards-required action working, you have to click each card involved in the action, then hit the button necessary.  So, you click the Trader card, then click whichever furs you're going to use for it.

yeah but what if the trade option doesnt light up?

but anyways, I just gave you a free round, it is a learning game for me anyway :)

11B4V

Guards Tank Update

I emailed JM last nite. I inquired if he would have a problem with me constructing a scenario starting 10 July 43 when the actual battle of Prokhorovka began and post it to BGG. I dont know the protocals and all, so we'll see if he replies. Still wont change my rating of it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Just FYI, Tamas, I will be in Canada from tomorrow until next Monday, so will be rather delayed in my turns.

I would note that Berkut will also be delayed in his turns, but that would be redundant.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Pfft, I will have you know that right now I am waiting on him.

I think his morale has taken a hit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2012, 03:53:00 PM

errr, I sent you a move several days ago.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on January 24, 2012, 04:00:52 PM

NO, you sent me a question several days ago, which I answered, and since then...nothing.

And since the question included the direction that you would be taking something from my hand, I can't really continue until you tell me what you want to take.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2012, 04:04:54 PM

NO, you sent me a question several days ago, which I answered, and since then...nothing.

no, I sent you a file

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on January 24, 2012, 04:05:46 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 24, 2012, 04:04:54 PM

no, I sent you a file

...along with a question.

I quote:

Quote...I played Red Orchestra so I need to know what's in your hand

That card forces me to give you a card or discard or something. So until you tell me what card you want me to give or discard, I cannot continue.

So yeah...waiting on you. Again.

0 rows returned