News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Try Yucata.

It implements the errata rules, although there's a bug associated with retreating from a seige.

Habbaku

Thanks, Frunk.  :)

Just registered as "Habbaku" and waiting on your invite, Tamas.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

CdM Next time you over at consim forum, pop in the Grognard Sim folder. Notice Chris' avatar?   ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

lol, by the time it's all over he'll see to it that we'll have games representing every company ever served in the German military. :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2012, 02:28:15 PM
lol, by the time it's all over he'll see to it that we'll have games representing every company ever served in the German military. :lol:

True dat. Here's his reply
QuotePaul,

I am indeed working on the IISS Pz Korps at Kursk as an add on to the DRK series. I have sent some test units out for feedback on whether a camo background works with it. This 3 game set will be able to be connected to the original DRK. Specifically they hook up along the right side of 11th Panzer.

Regards, Chris

Here's a link to a page in which a preliminary pdf of the SS-T countersheet

http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.1dd55af7/124
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Some orders are finally rolling in.

Hell's Highway; also ordered anderson's updated counters

Highway to the Reich (2nd Ed.);  :w00t: Holy chit. This is not your SPI HttR as I remember. Flippin gourgeous

Baltic Gap; Hasn't arrived yet. Was looking at Hube's Pocket, but fat chance on that $$$$$$$

Korsun (an SPI AGS Quad); This is one of the first I cut my teeth on along with Operation Star and what started it all with the Russian Theater back in '79-'80. Plus this will be interesting because I'm also reading Hell's Gate right now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 22, 2012, 11:47:21 PM
Some orders are finally rolling in.

Hell's Highway; also ordered anderson's updated counters

Highway to the Reich (2nd Ed.);  :w00t: Holy chit. This is not your SPI HttR as I remember. Flippin gourgeous

Baltic Gap; Hasn't arrived yet. Was looking at Hube's Pocket, but fat chance on that $$$$$$$

Korsun (an SPI AGS Quad); This is one of the first I cut my teeth on along with Operation Star and what started it all with the Russian Theater back in '79-'80. Plus this will be interesting because I'm also reading Hell's Gate right now.

Baltic Gap is a great OCS product.  Not too big, not too small.  Germans have some punch on the defensive, Reds can get caught up in their own speed. 

HTTR is a gorgeous production, but I fear the mechanics are questionable.

11B4V

Was browsing Consim and I found this intriguing(sound it out Marty).

QuoteThe best games are played with a referee who really knows the subject, can keep the game moving, and the players know as little about the rules intricacies as possible, and just focus on solving the tactical problems (if its that scale, the operational or strategic problems if its bigger). The players are able to make choices, and propose solutions that may not have been covered by whatever rules there are. It all happens behind the referee's eyes, or screen, and whether he is just making the calls, or rolling a die, hardly matters. Quit quibbling about the rules and focus on playing. That's my idea of fun.

Oexmelin

This is why "Le vol de l'aigle" (did you end up buying it, CdM?) is so fun. Players are (mostly) in the dark about the rules, their enemies, their allies. You need to trust the referee though.
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 12:34:00 PM
This is why "Le vol de l'aigle" (did you end up buying it, CdM?) is so fun. Players are (mostly) in the dark about the rules, their enemies, their allies. You need to trust the referee though.

Yes, it is.  It has the potential to be the best refereed game since Diplomacy.

mongers

The best crisis management games work that way.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Oexmelin

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 02:09:39 PM

I have been toying with the idea of hosting a game here - but I have so little time...
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on January 23, 2012, 03:10:22 PM

I have been toying with the idea of hosting a game here - but I have so little time...

Lol, I may wind up having a lot of time on my hands in the near future, but we know how that'll go over here  :lol:

Habbaku

:hmm:  For what it's worth, I put in an order for the 1st volume and was considering the same thing.  I should be able to take care of running it if you were interested in playing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 23, 2012, 04:39:38 PM

Personally, I am interested in you checking my Acres invite :P

:hmm:  For what it's worth, I put in an order for the 1st volume and was considering the same thing.  I should be able to take care of running it if you were interested in playing.