News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Fuck, bit the bullet for HttR2 from coolstuff.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I got stir crazy today, so I ran down the road to Winter Offensive, and grabbed a copy of Where Eagles Dare, and the new ASL Festung Budapest.

Counters stick to you when you roll around them, all sweaty like.

The Brain

Played the Blood Bowl card game from FFG. It was pretty awesome.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 13, 2012, 05:39:08 PM
I got stir crazy today, so I ran down the road to Winter Offensive, and grabbed a copy of Where Eagles Dare, and the new ASL Festung Budapest.

Counters stick to you when you roll around them, all sweaty like.

I'm charged about Heights of Courage by MMP. On the too buy list when it comes out.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/84834/heights-of-courage
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Seedy you prob seen this. Fuck five maps.

It Never Snows

Five Full Color 22" x 34" Game Maps

Habbaku

My speculative investment, er, Where Eagles Dare arrived the other day.  Into the pile it goes, waiting for the day when it is out of print and worth double what I paid.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2012, 12:27:25 PM
My speculative investment, er, Where Eagles Dare arrived the other day.  Into the pile it goes, waiting for the day when it is out of print and worth double what I paid.

Aren't they all?

Habbaku

No, because I play some of them and that greatly diminishes the value.   :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

dps

I've actually done that on occasion--bought 2 copies of a game, 1 to play and 1 to leave in mint condition as an investment.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2012, 12:11:17 AM
So you bought two copies?

Don't plan on playing it, so just bought the one.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Hey Habs, you are big on this Few Acres game right? I am reading the rules. Would you mind handing me my ass in it so I can learn it? :P

Habbaku

No problem, though it isn't really much of a PBEM game.  Still, if you want to give it a swing, just send me a Vassal turn whenever you're comfortable to start.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 20, 2012, 11:22:33 AM
No problem, though it isn't really much of a PBEM game.  Still, if you want to give it a swing, just send me a Vassal turn whenever you're comfortable to start.

there is that german free service thing starting with a Y. It sends out e-mails when its your turn and all, I heard.

Habbaku

Never heard of it, so I put you in charge of finding it.  :P

Also, here are the errata rules : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/743531/rules-changes-from-martin-wallace

-J. R. R. Tolkien