QuoteMonkeybutt hates the font

Sweet lord my EYES.

I also liked the Corps command version.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38471/corps-command-dawns-early-light

Just don't pay retail for it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 01, 2012, 12:05:38 PM
I played the shit out of the Assault sytem w/ the add=ons. A good system, but can get intensive. I've been on the fence about getting any new or replacing old NATO/WP games. They had a huge appeal to me back in the day. When the WP broke up the appeal went to zero. Thanks to the Commie Russian fucks. IMO they fucked up a perfectly good category of wargaming. :ultra:

No shit, on land, at sea and in the air, NATO-WP/US-USSR stuff was fun. 

Now what the fuck do we get? 

FIFTH FLEET: ANTI-PIRACY PATROL! Can YOU enforce freedom of the seas?  Can YOU sink ships too small to lock on with Harpoons?  Now YOU have ALL the weapons available to the USN in combating teenaged Somalis...including .50 CALIBER DECK GUNS...WATER CANNONS...and ANTI-BOARDER SLIPPERY FOAM!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 01:37:33 PM
I also liked the Corps command version.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38471/corps-command-dawns-early-light

Just don't pay retail for it.

Meh, gimme Victory Games' NATO: The Next War In Europe any day.

Ed Anger

I had that one.

The last one I played was Group of Soviet Forces Germany. No ZoC's made the game sorta weird and we gave up after 2 turns. Or to be more precise, my friend gave up after I killed a bunch of his German divisions. THEY WEREN'T WHITE ON BLACK.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 04:21:25 PM
I had that one.

Why'd you get rid of it? I have 2 copies.  Best playable invasion of WG out there, IMHO.

QuoteThe last one I played was Group of Soviet Forces Germany. No ZoC's made the game sorta weird and we gave up after 2 turns. Or to be more precise, my friend gave up after I killed a bunch of his German divisions. THEY WEREN'T WHITE ON BLACK.

That's why I like VG's NATO:  Wessies are yellow on black. The 3rd Shock shits on the Steelers.

CountDeMoney

Hey, 11B, did you ever consider picking up SPI's The Next War again sometime?  Didn't you have a copy once upon a time?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 04:21:25 PM
I had that one.

Why'd you get rid of it? I have 2 copies.  Best playable invasion of WG out there, IMHO.

Me poor in the mid 90's. Me had to eat and make house payment. Wargamers are suckers and pay high prices for old games.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 01, 2012, 04:36:12 PM
Me poor in the mid 90's. Me had to eat and make house payment. Wargamers are suckers and pay high prices for old games.

Then you man up, suck the cock, and be done with it.

Berkut

Hey Seedy, want to play a PBEM game of Totaler Krieg?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2012, 05:51:55 PM

Not with that attitude.

dps

Since he's said "no", if you buy me a copy of the game and have it shipped to me, I'll consider playing a game against you.  I'll even give you choice of sides.  :)

CountDeMoney

Berkut was just being Berkut, dps.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 05:58:27 PM

Not with that attitude.

:lol:

YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2012, 04:29:10 PM
Hey, 11B, did you ever consider picking up SPI's The Next War again sometime?  Didn't you have a copy once upon a time?

Ah, another favorite. Played  a lot of it too. However Noble has no stock as does Troll and toad that lists at 249.00. BGG has one for 98.00 at a good rating but who knows.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

That's why I like VG's NATO:  Wessies are yellow on black. The 3rd Shock shits on the Steelers.

I remember that. Oddly reminiscent of OMG, TEH BLAK SS KOUNTERS
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".