News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The counters in my copy were perfectly legible.  Except the ugly white on blue ones.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Tamas, you still want to give No Retreat a try?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Tamas

I guess it has no ACTS-y thingie?
Do you want to test the CB module with one of the scenarios, or jump straight into the campaign? If the latter, I would prefer the Soviets, so feel free to create a game and send it to me.

Berkut

Campaign is fine, will get it together.

To bad they don't have a CB app for the kindle fire...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on December 26, 2011, 02:04:02 PM
The counters in my copy were perfectly legible.  Except the ugly white on blue ones.

That's the scan off BGG.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Anywho, got the Alea Mag's Kursk the Southern Pincer. Open up the mag and looked at the map. Not bad. Said to myself, "Where the fuck are the counters".  They are there, I guess. What the fuck do I have to color copy them and glue the fucking things to cardboard or something. Ghetto ass Spainards. What a bunch of cheap fucks.

Dont get me started on the German OOB. For a game that was made in 2009...no excuse. Those lazy fucking Asshats. I'd like to roll it up and beat the retard Spainards about the head and shoulders.

Fucking fucks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on December 26, 2011, 02:04:02 PM

Probably those faggoty ass Luftwaffe

11B4V

Now this OOB looks pretty tight. They could have picked better colors for the Krauts. SS-Totenkopf looks like they should be marching in a gay pride parade.

This is a different game than that Spainish made cluster fuck.

CountDeMoney

Haven't seen that many colors since AH's Anzio.  Or a pack of Skittles.

Ed Anger

Uh-oh. I see SS runes. The panties in a bunch crowd at CSW won't like that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 08:53:10 AM
Uh-oh. I see SS runes. The panties in a bunch crowd at CSW won't like that.
A bunch of PC hippies.

Already see a mistake on the GT sheet, 375th Guards Div. It was 375th Rifle Div.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:04:16 AM
http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.ee6e862/0
enjoy!

Oughta check out the last few pages of COA's main folder;  "Triumph of Chaos" designer is getting some shit from the PC crowd over "Triumph of Fascism", because "fascism" isn't a nice term.

I'm the one hoping it's a "Triumph of Editing".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2011, 09:25:34 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 27, 2011, 09:04:16 AM
http://talk.consimworld.com/[email protected]@.ee6e862/0
enjoy!

Oughta check out the last few pages of COA's main folder;  "Triumph of Chaos" designer is getting some shit from the PC crowd over "Triumph of Fascism", because "fascism" isn't a nice term.

I'm the one hoping it's a "Triumph of Editing".
:pinch: I'd be banned in record time.

Anyhow started a review for "Guards Tank" on my BGG collection page.