News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Finnally found a copy of Bitter End. Also ordered Kursk II - The Southern Pincer. Couldnt find the one cover the north sector.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on December 22, 2011, 02:44:15 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 22, 2011, 02:40:57 AM
Finnally found a copy of Bitter End.

:)

I was reading the designer notes (Ive had the pdf copy of the rules for awhile) and he considered Operation Frühlingserwachen first. Decided against it and I agree. The Konrad offensives were more dramatic.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Quote from: 11B4V on December 24, 2011, 04:29:36 PM

I was reading the designer notes (Ive had the pdf copy of the rules for awhile) and he considered Operation Frühlingserwachen first. Decided against it and I agree. The Konrad offensives were more dramatic.

As far as I can tell, most of my grandparents' stories come from the Konrad timeline, as they were caught by the middle of it, as civilians. (IIRC you can find the village of "Zamoly" on the map, which is were my mother comes from. It was more or less completely destroyed during this time, changing hands like a dozen times)

CountDeMoney

You and your Decision Games fetish.

You get the Dai Senso/Totaler Krieg reduxs?

Ed Anger

It is a Ty Bomba fetish.

And yes. They look nice(except for the freaky map with the extra fold in Dai). I might even get to play them next year.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also got GMT's Battle of Normandy. 5 maps? I better see latrine battalions on the map.

Me likey NWS.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2011, 06:41:01 PM
Also got GMT's Battle of Normandy. 5 maps? I better see latrine battalions on the map.

Awesome system.  Wait till the Battle of Sicily comes out.  Three player option, with the US and UK racing for points.  Patton versus Monty versus Bob Guccione.

Ed Anger

QuotePatton versus Monty versus Bob Guccione.

:XD:

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on December 24, 2011, 05:37:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 24, 2011, 04:29:36 PM

As far as I can tell, most of my grandparents' stories come from the Konrad timeline, as they were caught by the middle of it, as civilians. (IIRC you can find the village of "Zamoly" on the map, which is were my mother comes from. It was more or less completely destroyed during this time, changing hands like a dozen times)
Interesting story Tamas, thanks.

11B4V

This is laziness of the designer.

CountDeMoney

Oh no, the nefarious white-on-black SS counters!

Ed Anger

Whoever picked the white on light blue color needs an asswhoopin'.

dps

I'm really hoping that his scanner introduced a good bit of distortion to the countersheets, because otherwise, some of those are barely legible.