News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That definitely sounds interesting Habs.  If it's the kind of card management game like Hell of Stalingrad, where you can play 4-5 drops in an evening, I can get with that.

Habbaku

Stickering blocks for Sekigahara from GMT right now.  Game seems neat and the rules are very short.  Lots of good reviews pouring out, too.  Probably going to get a game in of it this weekend.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Hey, CdM, check it out.  I got the maps for Total War in the mail earlier this week.  They offered an extra set of unfolded maps in addition to the folded ones that will be in the game box.  The maps came back from the printers (some of the other components aren't yet), so they went ahead and sent the unfolded maps.

I was going to take a pic and post it here, but I've misplaced my digital camera, and I tried to take a polariod  and scan it, and the dang isn't working.  :(

CountDeMoney

I've been keeping an eye on their developments over at CSW;  somebody took a pic of them all put out.  I'll believe the existence of the rest of the product when I see it.

Good to see independent verification from a trusted source, though.  ;)

The Brain

Played Betrayal At House On The Hill. We had a blast. Simple basic rules with 50 different scenarios.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

GMT is doing its annual November sale.

I'd mention Avalanche's too, but nobody else here likes them.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

IIRC I have got Labyrinth from a P500 pre-order so I am eligible for two(2) 50% discounts.

What 2 games should be it?

Ed Anger

Sadly, the only new GMT game I've gotten to try is Infidel, and both games were prematurely aborted.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2011, 03:17:21 PM
I'd mention Avalanche's too, but nobody else here likes them.  :P

Not only do they make bad games, but they're crooks, too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

If you're at all interested in Southern folklore and shit check out Hoodoo Blues, an RPG available (pdf) for 5 bucks. Pretty damn nice.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=80520

bogh

I brought back Android, Blockade Runner and Pitch Car from Spiel in Essen.

Oh, and also Eclipse, which after one play seems to be absolutely amazing. The rules click very elegantly and the epic feeling is definitely there. Very happy that I managed to snatch up a copy by when the unclaimed pre-orders were released...

The Brain

Eclipse looks interesting. What was your playing time?

Tamas

I have just used my 50% GMT discount to order Spanish Civil War, and No Retreat.  :cool:

bogh

Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2011, 06:56:32 PM

Three man game about 3.5 hours - plus 30 minutes of rules explanation. I'd say that 2 hours for a three man game is probably  realistic.

The Brain

Quote from: bogh on November 05, 2011, 05:49:38 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2011, 06:56:32 PM

Three man game about 3.5 hours - plus 30 minutes of rules explanation. I'd say that 2 hours for a three man game is probably  realistic.

Interesting.