News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
I'm sure it'll take a week to do a turn. Berk would blow his stack playing that.

Berkut requires a turn every 20 minutes.  You think I'm kidding.

Habbaku

Which is funny, because he's really been dragging ass in our HIS game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

It suddenly got a lot less interesting.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Is that why you made your play before it was your turn?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2011, 08:53:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
I'm sure it'll take a week to do a turn. Berk would blow his stack playing that.

Berkut requires a turn every 20 minutes.  You think I'm kidding.

Too bad he and I don't live near each other, then--he'd probably like my style of play.  I've done Fire in the East turns less than that.  Can't do the surprise turn that fast, but Europa games can play surprisingly quickly if you know the rules and have a solid plan for what you want to do.

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on July 10, 2011, 03:53:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:47:01 PM
Is that the old Jack Radey game? If so, I'll pray for the players.

Spot on. Korsun Pocket
I used to have that one.  The smaller scenarios were playable, but the larger ones... No only did you have massive counter density, but you moved supply (used by artillery only, IIRC), one supply point at a time.  Used to get ten-SP chits lost in stacks all the time.  :lol:

Great design, but not for that scale.  Black Sea, Black Death was a much better game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on July 11, 2011, 07:30:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 10, 2011, 03:53:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:47:01 PM
Is that the old Jack Radey game? If so, I'll pray for the players.

Spot on. Korsun Pocket
I used to have that one.  The smaller scenarios were playable, but the larger ones... No only did you have massive counter density, but you moved supply (used by artillery only, IIRC), one supply point at a time.  Used to get ten-SP chits lost in stacks all the time.  :lol:

Great design, but not for that scale.  Black Sea, Black Death was a much better game.

The density looks rather excessive. I managed to pick up PWG Duel for Kharkov and Gazala for a descent price on a whim. I understand PRP has got a remake of PWG's Korsun in the works.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Oexmelin

Could the Northeastern Americans remind me again where - online or not - they buy their boardgames?

Thanks.  :)
Que le grand cric me croque !

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 12, 2011, 03:06:27 PM
Could the Northeastern Americans remind me again where - online or not - they buy their boardgames?

Thanks.  :)

If I don't order them directly from the game companies themselves, I prefer www.coolstuffinc.com

CountDeMoney

Victoria's Cross II arrived today.  Finally.

I think I'll solo some of it out.  I'm in the mood for bayoneting negros for Her Majesty.

Habbaku

Enjoying your sparring with CSW's biggest wet blanket, Seedy?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

That guy is almost as big a tool as "The Preacher."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I tread lightly on CSW.  Man, they're more sensitive than the Islamic boards.