And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2011, 05:24:24 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
I just wrote to coolstuffinc.com because they ship to everywhere in the world except Hungary (slovakia, slovenia, dutch antilles, wtf), and their prices and stocks (assuming they would indicate if a game is out of stock) is awesome.

You might be able to work out a deal with one of the posters here for postal services.

Nah, I wouldn't want to impose myself on you people.

BTW, I did get a reply from Coolstuffinc.com, they will ship stuff to me if I have a verified Paypal account, which I do. I just have to set Germany as country in their web form and then e-mail support.

Do you guys know this place? I am planning to do a BIG purchase now that I have this shorted out (their prices, even shipping, is sweet sweet sweet), and I would certainly not like to cash that pile of money out and then never see anything because they claimed they had it shipped to a German address.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on July 07, 2011, 02:04:50 AM
Make a small test purchase.

Good idea of course, but accross-the-pond shipping costs don't scale particularly well. eg. 2 boxes, shipping cost: $60. 5 boxes, shipping cost: $74

Tamas

WTF SINCE WHEN DO I HAVE TO PAY 25% VAT ON THESE STUFF?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on July 07, 2011, 01:58:43 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2011, 05:24:24 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
I just wrote to coolstuffinc.com because they ship to everywhere in the world except Hungary (slovakia, slovenia, dutch antilles, wtf), and their prices and stocks (assuming they would indicate if a game is out of stock) is awesome.

You might be able to work out a deal with one of the posters here for postal services.

Nah, I wouldn't want to impose myself on you people.

BTW, I did get a reply from Coolstuffinc.com, they will ship stuff to me if I have a verified Paypal account, which I do. I just have to set Germany as country in their web form and then e-mail support.

Do you guys know this place? I am planning to do a BIG purchase now that I have this shorted out (their prices, even shipping, is sweet sweet sweet), and I would certainly not like to cash that pile of money out and then never see anything because they claimed they had it shipped to a German address.

I order from them all the time.  Don't know about overseas, but they're fast as shit here.

LOL, just checked my account; I've spend over $1,000 with them in the last year.

Tamas

lol

ok thanks. I ditched the orders my friend would have liked to add - I told him I would rather risk only my own money first, but I mostly mean god damn VAT and tariffs.

I don't get the VAT thing. I dont recall paying that like, ever, for US orders. I will place an order just shy of a hundred bucks which will put me below the tariff barrier, here's hoping they'll forget VAT again as well :P

CountDeMoney

Tamas, if you wind up having any problems, let me know and I'll work something out with you regarding shipping.  It's no big deal to me.  I've got nothing else to do.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2011, 05:04:49 AM
Tamas, if you wind up having any problems, let me know and I'll work something out with you regarding shipping.  It's no big deal to me.  I've got nothing else to do.

11B4V

Was browsing consimworld and was like WTF

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

Ed Anger

Is that the old Jack Radey game? If so, I'll pray for the players.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:47:01 PM
Is that the old Jack Radey game? If so, I'll pray for the players.

Spot on. Korsun Pocket
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I'm sure it'll take a week to do a turn. Berk would blow his stack playing that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
I'm sure it'll take a week to do a turn. Berk would blow his stack playing that.

lol. The only game I remember playing on the Korsun debacle was the AGS Quad from SPI. Fast playable little game.