And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2011, 11:31:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2011, 11:26:13 PM
This is absofuckinglutely the last time this year I let work interfere with WBC ever again. :mad:

Look, you can use this one next month!
He can use this one year after year.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on June 28, 2011, 07:05:18 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 27, 2011, 11:31:03 PM
This is absofuckinglutely the last time this year I let work interfere with WBC ever again. :mad:

Look, you can use this one next month!
He can use this one year after year.  :cool:

I hate having to work.  :mad:

Ed Anger

I noticed Pazio bought out a regional distributor and is selling the old stuff they had. Mostly RPG stuff so far, but some wargames.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

This is absofuckinglutely the last time I let work interfere with Origins ever again. :mad:

I'm thinking of going to Gen Con this year, just for shits and giggles.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 06:10:49 PM
This is absofuckinglutely the last time I let work interfere with Origins ever again. :mad:

I only go for the exhibit hall, so I can drop $600 in about 90 minutes.

Habbaku

Played a face-to-face game of Labyrinth today.  I won by setting off a WMD in the USA.  Not sure how I feel about that.   :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 06:21:46 PM
Played a face-to-face game of Labyrinth today.  I won by setting off a WMD in the USA.  Not sure how I feel about that.   :hmm:

:lol: Think of it this way: Vince Lombardi would've done it.

Ed Anger

Just imagine Tim was under the blast.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 06:21:46 PM

I think it is OK as long as no Pequots were harmed.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 06:10:49 PM

Be warned, I was thinking of going as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

I just wrote to coolstuffinc.com because they ship to everywhere in the world except Hungary (slovakia, slovenia, dutch antilles, wtf), and their prices and stocks (assuming they would indicate if a game is out of stock) is awesome.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 09:42:59 AM
I see Decision is making another magazine with a game in it. This one on modern conflicts.

I should buy 10 issue ones and keep them in a cool dry place. they'll be a hundred bucks each on ebay in a year or so after release.

That reminds me of Command / XTR.  I miss it, although it appears most of that gang migrated to GMT.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on July 04, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
I just wrote to coolstuffinc.com because they ship to everywhere in the world except Hungary (slovakia, slovenia, dutch antilles, wtf), and their prices and stocks (assuming they would indicate if a game is out of stock) is awesome.

You might be able to work out a deal with one of the posters here for postal services.

CountDeMoney

Worthington Games is FINALLY shipping Victoria's Cross II.  Finally.

11B4V

I was looking for a game on the Franco-Prussian War so I picked up, Deathride: Mars-la-Tour 1870.

What's funny this is Ive never owned or played a game that's Area Impulse. This is a first.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".