News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 12, 2011, 08:05:31 PM
I know it is going to disappoint Seedy, but I bought Munchkin today.
Never seen that one before. We all have our dark secrets.... :ph34r: Just last night I was browsing through the card set on WoC. I left off at Weatherlight. I was like..... :huh:. Then just started browsing cards on Noble. "Natural Order" 30.00. I said to myself, I think I got that one, havent looked in my card folders for years. I did, six mint copies.  :lmfao: Then I looked at a couple of the decks that are still together that I used to run back in the day.
From the Elephant Deck

From the White Lightning deck

From the Land Destroyer

Reliezed I was a little old school to some of the players today. :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

BTW talking to a dude on BGG to buy Downtown Hanoi. Seems like a interesting game. I will probably look at the Mideast Version, if DT Hanoi is as good as they say.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Well, you are a parent.  It's a known scientific fact that owning children retards higher thinking.

But I will admit, Munchkin is fun as balls.  :blush:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2011, 08:40:08 PM
BTW talking to a dude on BGG to buy Downtown Hanoi. Seems like a interesting game. I will probably look at the Mideast Version, if DT Hanoi is as good as they say.

Awesome game.  Great mechanics for larger scale air ops than the usual fighter vs fighter theme.  The Battle of Britain one is cool too.

Ask Berkut how I beat his ass like a whore in the one Downtown scenario we played via Vassal.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 12, 2011, 09:49:48 PM
Ask Berkut how I beat his ass like a whore in the one Downtown scenario we played via Vassal.

Yep.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Awesome game.  Great mechanics for larger scale air ops than the usual fighter vs fighter theme.  The Battle of Britain one is cool too.

Looks like it is what a board air game IMO should be and looking forward to it.

The board "air to air" games are just eclisped by the computer simulations now. Nostalgia only, would be the only real reason to play them IMO. Everytime I think of running an "Air War" fight with three Israeli mirages against ten raghead migs, I just cant justify it and I'm pretty good with the rules. Easier and better to fire up Strike Fighters 2: Israel. Air War, is in the end, what you get when you try to put a realistic flight sim on board.

I will still get the GDW Air series and the Heat of Speed :huh:I think it's called. 

11B4V

Had to ED. First thing that came to mind. Loved Jordan in this movie.

"Will you tell General Seedy, that General Anger sends his regrets. Will you tell him.... how very sorry I am."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2011, 10:14:06 PM

Yep.

Bah.

Berkut

Ask me how it was boring as all hell.

Downtown is parallel solitaire.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on June 13, 2011, 07:50:12 AM

I'll most and likely be getting Elusive Victory also. I think it will have different dynamics than DT. Different type of conflict.

A Faulklands version I think could be interesting.

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2011, 03:45:57 AM

I'll most and likely be getting Elusive Victory also. I think it will have different dynamics than DT. Different type of conflict.

I have EV, and I think it has much more potential, since it is not quite as asymmetric as DT.

I still like the idea of a fictional 1980ish WW3 game using that engine. That would be awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2011, 07:34:19 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2011, 03:45:57 AM

I have EV, and I think it has much more potential, since it is not quite as asymmetric as DT.

I still like the idea of a fictional 1980ish WW3 game using that engine. That would be awesome.

That would be even better and massive. :yes: About late 1980's. From Norway to Turkey.

"Newclear combat, toe to toe with the Ruskies"

Ed Anger

You ever play GDW's Third World War games? Totally awesome.

Link the 3 European games together and you get a bucketfull of Russian killin'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2011, 09:22:41 AM
You ever play GDW's Third World War games? Totally awesome.

Link the 3 European games together and you get a bucketfull of Russian killin'.
Never played, but I do remember those