News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2011, 06:29:34 AM
If I ever get un-lazy one of these days, I'll have to put my shit up on there.

I loved Air War. That and Fast Carriers.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4623/the-fast-carriers

I remember that one. Never played it though
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

I don't like to let people know what I have, it removes the element of surprise, which is critical in warfare.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2011, 07:41:27 AM
I don't like to let people know what I have, it removes the element of surprise, which is critical in warfare.

Yes, I can see how it would be a valid defensive tactic with the wife.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2011, 10:07:18 PM
I'm still pissed about trading away A Gleam of Bayonets for War and Peace.

Ouch.  While I like War and Peace and think it was an under-rated game in many ways, that's not a good trade.

dps

I'm not worried;  I'm sure that mine is bigger than yours.

crazy canuck

Habs will have already played with them and told them all your secrets.  He plays the field and is very indiscrete about such things.

dps

OK, I've started a list of my collection:  http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/dps1962  I'm up to 100 games, mostly from memory.  I'll add more games later, and put the like in my sig when it's reasonable complete.  That might take a while;  I don't really want to devote a lot of time at once to this, and I anticipate that the total is well over double what I have listed so far.

Barrister

I saw a reprint of Talisman at a random game store the other day.  Now 12 year old me played that a lot with my similarily geeky friends.

I wasn't the one who owned it though.

Anyone think it would hold up well enough to play in my 30s?  Anyone think it is accessible enough to play with my wife, brother and sister in law (we stayed up playing Settlers of Catan till 2am last weekend)?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Here ya go. As you can tell, I'm lazy and haven't entered everything.

http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Sweater%20Vest
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 02, 2011, 12:40:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2011, 10:07:18 PM
I'm still pissed about trading away A Gleam of Bayonets for War and Peace.

Ouch.  While I like War and Peace and think it was an under-rated game in many ways, that's not a good trade.

Well, I was 15 at the time.

Ed Anger

I still remember how much I paid for War and Peace. 16 bucks direct from AH. Even remember the day I got it. I just came home from having a dentist drill into my teeth and there was my package on the doorstep. I remember being extra careful not to drool blood on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2011, 07:33:54 PM
I still remember how much I paid for War and Peace. 16 bucks direct from AH. Even remember the day I got it. I just came home from having a dentist drill into my teeth and there was my package on the doorstep. I remember being extra careful not to drool blood on it.

I remember my Dad ordered AH's Midway for my 13th birthday.  Those two weeks in July of waiting for the Big Brown Truck(tm) to arrive were some of the longest of my life.

dps

You know, everytime I see a UPS truck turning onto my street, I get an irrational hope that someone has ordered me a wargame as a gift.

11B4V

Quote from: dps on June 02, 2011, 08:38:29 PM
You know, everytime I see a UPS truck turning onto my street, I get an irrational hope that someone has ordered me a wargame as a gift.

The big brown truck is good. Waiting for the Kursk wargames and PC:ostfront.

Even had an engine block delivered from ford racing a year ago..nice guys those brown truck drivers.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Dude, you have the Assault series.  Me so jealous.