News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 01, 2011, 03:15:49 PM
11B4V, I like you signature, and I've thought about copying it (with appropriate revisions), but I might get into trouble if I did.

Just link your collection, like I do.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2011, 07:41:22 AM
Date:           Order#:
06/01/2011  170

GSI-0004  Death Ride Kursk - Gross Deutschland; Deluxe Map Edition    1  $125.00  $125.00 

GSI-0007  Death Ride Kursk - 3rd Panzer; DME Expansion    1  $65.00  $65.00 

GSI-0010  Death Ride Kursk - 11th Panzer; Deluxe Map Edition    1  $85.00  $85.00

Blam, and that's how we roll. :P

That is how we roll.

Great thing is, you ordered it today, you'll probably get them all on Friday.  He's that fast.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2011, 07:11:17 PM
11B4V, I like you signature, and I've thought about copying it (with appropriate revisions), but I might get into trouble if I did.

I'm going to check that out tonite.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

:yes:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/habbaku
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Shit, I'd have to actually inventory everything and figure out what all I do own.  I've probably forgotten the names of half the games I have.  Of course the ones I don't remember are mostly magazine games that came with the subscription and that I've never actually played.  But I've never actually sold a wargame (unless it was an extra copy) and I have stuff that I haven't opened the game box of in 30 years.

BTW, is your list complete?  I seem to recall that you owned March to Victory and Over There, but they aren't on your list.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 01, 2011, 09:32:39 PM
BTW, is your list complete?  I seem to recall that you owned March to Victory and Over There, but they aren't on your list.

Thanks for the reminder:)  I even saw stuff on Habby's list that reminded me of shit I forgot to put up there.

At first, I was like all, damn Habbsy, 220? And then I saw he was stacking it with Settlers stuff and other games that would land him before my Committee on Un-American Games, and that wounds my heart with a monotonous languor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on June 01, 2011, 09:32:39 PM
But I've never actually sold a wargame (unless it was an extra copy) and I have stuff that I haven't opened the game box of in 30 years.

Ditto on both counts.  There's about 4 or 5 games I've ever traded as well.  And I'm still pissed about trading away A Gleam of Bayonets for War and Peace.

11B4V

The games I have listed in my have owned and played that were SPI games were casualties. They got thrown away by my step-dad when I left home in '83. Nine years later, when the relationship got mended, I asked him about the games (not knowing he threw them away),  I just about punched him in the face. I loved the SPI "monster" games and I had "just a few" of them back then....lol

Im still thinking of dropping the coin for Highway to the Reich 2nd edition, just as a big F U to that dead MF.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2011, 09:24:49 AM
7. How the hard core german fan bois try and eek out, find, justify, or what have you, a german victory, no matter how slight from fantasy land.

:lol:

Personally, as far as the Eastern Front goes, I'm a big fan of Bagration, all rolling up in AGC's ass donkey-dick style.  More dead Germans, and more delicious german fan boi tears.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2011, 10:36:01 PM
The games I have listed in my have owned and played that were SPI games were casualties. They got thrown away by my step-dad when I left home in '83. Nine years later, when the relationship got mended, I asked him about the games (not knowing he threw them away),  I just about punched him in the face. I loved the SPI "monster" games and I had "just a few" of them back then....lol

Ouch.

And good to see Flashpoint: Golan, Arab-Israeli Wars, Central America and Vietnam in your list.  Demonstrative of heightened intelligence.
Oh, and you're not the only person I've seen rave about Panzer Command.  Feel like I missed something there.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2011, 10:40:37 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2011, 09:24:49 AM
7. How the hard core german fan bois try and eek out, find, justify, or what have you, a german victory, no matter how slight from fantasy land.

:lol:

Personally, as far as the Eastern Front goes, I'm a big fan of Bagration, all rolling up in AGC's ass donkey-dick style.  More dead Germans, and more delicious german fan boi tears.

hehe Bargration was a Russian Masterpiece.

11B4V

Spi's Air War has a low rating on Board Game Geek. Hell, once you got the rulesssss down it was smooth playing.....lol. I was an Air War junkie back in the day..loved that game.

11B4V

Quote from: Habbaku on June 01, 2011, 08:14:50 PM

:yes:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/habbaku

Great collections guys. CdM, Hab, and Berkut.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2011, 11:55:30 PM
Spi's Air War has a low rating on Board Game Geek. Hell, once you got the rulesssss down it was smooth playing.....lol. I was an Air War junkie back in the day..loved that game.

:bleeding:

Great scenarios and database, though.  Unfortunately, I could never secure a scholarship to Colorado Springs to learn to play the damned thing when I was 13.  I'd use the counters for spares for other games.

Ed Anger

If I ever get un-lazy one of these days, I'll have to put my shit up on there.

I loved Air War. That and Fast Carriers.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4623/the-fast-carriers
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive