And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2011, 09:45:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 23, 2011, 08:04:42 AM
and should be getting GMT's Infidel soon.

Let us know what that's like;  I've been jonseing for some old fashioned crusading.  Do you have Men of Iron already?

Yep. I played Men of Iron to death via vassal with a friend. Simple system, with each activation alternating you get to move or fight with a command. Better leaders can attempt to break in and take a activation. The game is basically one long turn until an army hits it flight level.

It is a simpler game and Berg seemed to have kept his chrome under control.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Habbaku

Is that you, John Wayne?  Is this me?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2011, 04:00:50 PM
Is that you, John Wayne?  Is this me?

:lol:

Reminds me of the Spartacus game in Command magazine. The counter for Spartacus was a dead ringer for Kirk Douglas.

Habbaku

I've eased back on my own purchasing of late and mostly just traded for games in preparation for buying a good amount at the WBC auction this year.

Managed to snag This Accursed Civil War (completing my MPBS collection) in exchange for Afrika (SCS 2nd edition) and got a copy of Ace of Aces Rotary Deluxe for the Eagle Games' version of Conquest of the Empire.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2011, 04:37:45 PM
Managed to snag This Accursed Civil War (completing my MPBS collection) in exchange for Afrika (SCS 2nd edition)

You won that round.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2011, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 25, 2011, 04:37:45 PM
Managed to snag This Accursed Civil War (completing my MPBS collection) in exchange for Afrika (SCS 2nd edition)

You won that round.

Fuck yes I did.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

You guys may want to check out the soon-to-roll-out Strike Of The Eagle, on the Soviet-Polish War of 1920;  back at Cold Wars, Uwe was so pleased that he actually met somebody that could talk to him at length about the Miracle on The Vistula he emailed me the drafts to the rulebook in March.

Very cool command-specific fog-of-war area system that can be knocked out in a decent evening.  Fascinating little production. Satisfies both your Murder Bolsheviks or Murder Polacks boners, depending on your mood.

Habbaku

I almost pre-ordered that, but the map is...messy.  Reminds me of a plate of spaghetti (a la Clash of Monarchs), so I'm holding off until I see some good word.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I will admit it's not the most intuitive out there;  then again, I felt Triumph of Chaos took a lot of getting used to before I could really focus on it.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 25, 2011, 08:03:16 PM
You guys may want to check out the soon-to-roll-out Strike Of The Eagle, on the Soviet-Polish War of 1920;  back at Cold Wars, Uwe was so pleased that he actually met somebody that could talk to him at length about the Miracle on The Vistula he emailed me the drafts to the rulebook in March.

Very cool command-specific fog-of-war area system that can be knocked out in a decent evening.  Fascinating little production. Satisfies both your Murder Bolsheviks or Murder Polacks boners, depending on your mood.

oh, sexy

but yeah the map is a bit chaotic

Kleves

Anyone played C&C: Napoelon, Napoleon's War: the 100 days, or Battles of Napoleon: the Eagle and the Lion?  I am thinking it may be time to pick up a Napoleonic game. :hmm:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on May 27, 2011, 05:37:06 PM
Anyone played C&C: Napoelon

Never played the C&C system, but man, their fanbois at boardgamegeek are a trip.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2011, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 09:42:59 AM
I see Decision is making another magazine with a game in it. This one on modern conflicts.

I should buy 10 issue ones and keep them in a cool dry place. they'll be a hundred bucks each on ebay in a year or so after release.

Worth $100 dollars each in a year.  And yet, produced by Decision Games.  We call that: unfulfilling prophecy.

Hey at least they use the SPI logo...... :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I see consimworld is having the vapors over using a 'real name'. Old people. Wargamers.  :lol:

Enjoy the cyber stalking and the identity theft.