News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on April 30, 2020, 09:17:19 PM
Fuck, I just bought the whole GMT Next War series and SPI's Panzer Group Guderian.

The first step is admitting you have a problem
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maladict

This quarantine has pushed me to the brink of splurging on games a few times now. I've put my credit card in a hard to reach place in the attic, but that won't save me for long :blush:

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2020, 04:35:08 AM
This quarantine has pushed me to the brink of splurging on games a few times now. I've put my credit card in a hard to reach place in the attic, but that won't save me for long :blush:

Tell me about it.

My mouse is hovering over the buy button for:

Empire of the Sun
Wing Leader Victories
Field of Fire Volume 2
Liberty or Death

AND I am 10 pounds short of getting a 10% discount so I need something in addition. :P

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on May 01, 2020, 04:39:32 AM
Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2020, 04:35:08 AM

Tell me about it.

My mouse is hovering over the buy button for:

Empire of the Sun
Wing Leader Victories
Field of Fire Volume 2
Liberty or Death

AND I am 10 pounds short of getting a 10% discount so I need something in addition. :P

You can never have enough counter trays.

Tamas

The shop was out of counter trays so I have picked up the X-wing core set. Because of the discount it ended up costing 9 pounds as opposed to not putting it into the order.  :P

I have now 5 new games coming in and I still have those other two pending from the Guru.

I have issues.

The Brain

I recently got Sun of York and Arquebus. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Where do you Euro Languishites order from?

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2020, 06:12:00 AM

Mainly from https://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/ but as I mentioned they currently seem a bit overwhelmed by Corona changes. At the very least they are not getting restocks as quickly as some competitors, I think.

My last two orders were from here: https://www.gameslore.com/  They are fairly well stocked but not as wargame-y as the Guru.

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on May 01, 2020, 06:12:00 AM

I normally get my boardgames from a Swedish company which only ships to Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. Things they don't have I order from the manufacturer or whatever happens to seem reasonable.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

I really want to try the Dark Valley PBEM. Chit pull system, anyone interested?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Haha Black Horse gets the first shots fired of WW3 against the 68th MRR's Combat recce patrol.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tamas

11B4V

Quote from: Tamas on May 02, 2020, 01:32:46 PM
It looks gorgeous.

He did a good job on the CSS games. I got to take a break from WW3 and rearrange the man cave. The FFG Mansions of Madness, Eldrich Horror, Arkham revised and Arkham 3rd edition is just a PITA to store.  :mad: