News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A year late, but the first part of the Conan boardgame I kickstarted has arrived. :wub: :nerd: :w00t:

http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/

This includes the main game and the stretch goals (the two big boxes), plus a variety of add on figures I also signed up for. Still waiting for the expansions (Khitai, Stygia, Nordheim), and the Artbook. <_<

Back of main box:

Back of stretch goals:

If only I could paint :(

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Looks gorgeous. One of my friends got it, too. We have dozens of games in the pipeline though, so it might take a while to get to it.  :lol:

Syt

Yeah, I backed it at a time when my usual gaming partners had not yet decided to move out of Vienna, have another child, or get married.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2016, 06:11:22 AM
Yeah, I backed it at a time when my usual gaming partners had not yet decided to move out of Vienna, have another child, or get married.

Same here, half the members of one of my two gaming groups have decided to get their wives pregnant at the same time.

Fortunately, the guys in my main gaming group are in their 40s and still single.  :nerd:

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2016, 06:11:22 AM

Most of my friends (well, basically all of them) have done all of those three by now.
I find some will still prioritize friendships/boardgaming and make the time, if only a few times a year, and I appreciate that.
Others seem to have given up completely on life outside parenting and work . Not judging them, just observing. And being glad I'm not one of them.

Managed to get 5 people for a Virgin Queen game last week, 4 of them parents with one of two young kids. It was excellent, apart from England stealing my near-certain victory  :(

The Brain

I'll probably get Conan for the minis, but I don't really care for boardgames with a GM.

Delirium

Looks too heavy for me to carry around. Star Wars: Rebellion gets away with a lot of weight but then it's a damn fine game.

Star Trek: Ascendancy has still not made it across the pond.  :glare:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Black Orchestra has been hitting my table lately.  Who wouldn't want to play Tom Cruise and try to kill Hitler?  :wub:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156858/black-orchestra

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

So that's how it is in the reality of the post-truth, Cubs-championship, Trump-POTUS world, is it.

The Brain

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 15, 2016, 07:29:00 PM
So that's how it is in the reality of the post-truth, Cubs-championship, Trump-POTUS world, is it.

War of the Ring is hitting the table next week.  :bowler:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Cooperative, you say? How does it play with two players, I wonder?

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on November 16, 2016, 12:25:30 PM
Cooperative, you say? How does it play with two players, I wonder?

Very similarly, I think, only the players have fewer character abilities to utilize and so must focus a little more.  Also, with only two conspirators floating around, it could lead to a situation in which they are more frequently screwed over by Hitler's deputies.

Would definitely recommend for two.

-J. R. R. Tolkien