News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2011, 10:05:02 AM
They're just getting more and more ornate every year, aren't they?

I'm starting to get excited for football again, now that we're in the lull when there's no major sports playing right now.  I hope they can get an agreement worked out in time for me to get my fill of preseason games.

You're in luck.

They're playing pre-season football as we speak.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 17, 2011, 10:20:18 AM
You're in luck.

They're playing pre-season football as we speak.   :)

:lol:

I knew you were going to pop in with a CFL plug when I saw Neil's post.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I'm starting to get excited for football again, now that we're in the lull when there's no major sports playing right now.  I hope they can get an agreement worked out in time for me to get my fill of preseason games.

You're in luck.

I was happy to see some football last nite.

My GF on the other hand isn't happy. But atleast, this year she doesn't have to attend any of the Als homegame for work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

You're in luck.

I watched last night.  It just wasn't the same.  Watching NFL scrubs is one thing, but watching CFL scrubs...  Well, you might as well be watching college football.  :x

Maybe I'll try watching the game tonight.  Watching the Roughriders beat the hated Eskimos always feels nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 10:27:13 AM
You're in luck.

:lol:

I knew you were going to pop in with a CFL plug when I saw Neil's post.

-_-

Personally I can't stand pre-season anything, so I didn't even watch the Bombers play last night.  But the regular season is just around the corner... :w00t:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2011, 10:33:51 AM

You're in luck.

I watched last night.  It just wasn't the same.  Watching NFL scrubs is one thing, but watching CFL scrubs...  Well, you might as well be watching college football.  :x

Maybe I'll try watching the game tonight.  Watching the Roughriders beat the hated Eskimos always feels nice.

Well you're the one pining for pre-season football.  I didn't even try to watch.

But once the regular season rolls around...

Valmy

I never watch pre-season football.  Talk about a waste of time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

ESPN ranks the Bengals and Redskins the two worst franchises in the the four major sports leagues:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

Quote106. Minnesota Vikings
107. Buffalo Bills
108. Seattle Mariners
109. New York Knicks
110. Washington Wizards
111. Florida Panthers
112. Chicago Cubs
113. Detroit Pistons
114. New York Islanders
115. Atlanta Thrashers...er Winnitoba Jet Bears
116. Toronto Raptors
117. New York Mets
118. Minnesota Timberwolves
119. Sacramento Kings
120. Toronto Maple Leafs
121. Washington Redskins
122. Cincinnati Bengals

Barrister

How the fuck do the Phoenix Coyotes get listed as 28th?

They've never won a playoff series, have miserable attendance, they delared bankruptcy, and are owned by the league and funded by the City.

Ah, I see - they rank extremely highly for "bang for the buck" and "affordability".  Which is because they barely charge you anything for tickets, and they run such a massive deficit ($35 mil in losses last year alone) that their few wins get counted so highly compared to the minimal revenue they bring in.

:rolleyes:

Okay, so maybe the Coyotes situation is so screwed up no methodology would work, but this does make me suspicious of the entire list.

Amusing to see the Maple Leafs at 120th though.

HVC

Toronto teams have a strong showing in the sucking polls.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on June 17, 2011, 11:36:16 AM
Ah, I see - they rank extremely highly for "bang for the buck" and "affordability".  Which is because they barely charge you anything for tickets, and they run such a massive deficit ($35 mil in losses last year alone) that their few wins get counted so highly compared to the minimal revenue they bring in.
So sucking so bad you have to practically give away tickets means you don't actually suck? that's an odd metric.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 17, 2011, 11:42:10 AM
So sucking so bad you have to practically give away tickets means you don't actually suck? that's an odd metric.

If you are going to charge alot you better win.  That is one of the big reasons the Redskins and the Leafs rank so low.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 17, 2011, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 17, 2011, 10:33:51 AM

You're in luck.

Well you're the one pining for pre-season football.  I didn't even try to watch.

But once the regular season rolls around...
I'm just excited for football.  Preseason just builds anticipation for the real thing.  Obviously I'd rather be watching real NFL football, but I'm willing to settle for preseason or CFL, or just rewatching my copies of Ravens playoff victories.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 11:43:25 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 17, 2011, 11:42:10 AM

If you are going to charge alot you better win.  That is one of the big reasons the Redskins and the Leafs rank so low.
I was shocked to see that they didn't rank Snyder as the worst owner out there.  I mean, I guess he's not trying to move the franchise, but he's devoted to ruining it.