News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on August 25, 2011, 08:57:00 PM
It could be worse.  You could be watching Torrey Smith drop passes.  Where did he go to school, Clown College?

Given Maryland's new unis that is not too far off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 25, 2011, 06:54:18 PM
Dalton is doomed.

Dalton showed a lot more poise tonight, aside from one fumbled handoff where he should've just eaten it.  I still favor Gradkowski as the starter, but based on tonight I can't complain about Dalton.  He has good blocking and a terrific young group of receivers to throw to.  Properly aged (tm), the Bungles would have the best receivers in the league IMO.

Cam Newton looked okay at times.  He had a couple decent completions but did the most damage running.  His worst offense was not throwing it high over the middle to Shockey so someone could lay that piece of shit out.  They didn't take Newton out of the game until nearly the 4th quarter, but he needs the reps.  But he's going to get hurt if they don't get him some blocking.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Yeah, the one great virtue of the Bengals is their offensive line.  They do really well in pass protection.

I'm happy that the Ravens beat the Redskins.  Their orange-skinned coach is going to fail, whichever scrub ends up as the starter.  The Ravens line frightens me a bit, and I can't wait for Birk and Yanda to get back.  Reid looked decent, and Oher totally whiffed on a block at one point.  Lee Evans is going to change the team.

I thought it was funny when Flacco poured water on Ray when he was trying to do his interview.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Ravens pass protection concerns me.  Granted, the Redskins were tossing blitzes and packages around like Rex Ryan in November, but that's what the season's going to look like.

When Flacco had the time, he was deadly accurate. 
Lee Evans has single-handedly transformed the entire scope of the offense.  Dickson and Pitta make a great TE combo.
Ganja Williams was picking up blitzes and blocking like he was back at Texas.  Guess the NA meetings worked.
Saw some interesting blitz packages from the Ravens, I don't think they're going to be as vanilla as last year. #55 is in midseason form, and the defensive backs had good moments of coverage, but they need to get pressure without blitzing or you're going to see some high mileage given up.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2011, 05:20:42 AM
Ravens pass protection concerns me.  Granted, the Redskins were tossing blitzes and packages around like Rex Ryan in November, but that's what the season's going to look like.
Yeah.  The centre who's never played centre before and used to be a D-lineman needs some work.
QuoteGanja Williams was picking up blitzes and blocking like he was back at Texas.  Guess the NA meetings worked.
Yeah.  That one play where he just came across and blew up a blitzer like he thought he was Vonta Leach was awesome, especially as it resulted in a big play.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I'm watching CFL right now on ESPN3/Xbox Live. Just realized two things: Avon Cobourne (WVU grad) is playing for Hamilton, and the Wendy's Baconator is the official hamburger of the CFL.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2011, 09:50:46 PM
I'm watching CFL right now on ESPN3/Xbox Live. Just realized two things: Avon Cobourne (WVU grad) is playing for Hamilton, and the Wendy's Baconator is the official hamburger of the CFL.
I frightened my wife by laughing too loudly.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Hey Neil

QuoteFormer third-round pick Oniel Cousins and practice squad player Justin Harper were among nine players cut by the Ravens on Saturday.

Cousins never developed like the Ravens envisioned when they drafted him in the third round in 2008. He made four career starts, one of which he struggled mightily against LaMarr Woodley and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Cousins began training camp competing against rookie Jah Reid for the starting right tackle job, but he was moved to guard after struggling in the preason opener. The Ravens moved him further down the depth chart in the preseason game when they decided to start offensive tackle Mark LeVoir at guard over Cousins.

Harper, a seventh-round pick in 2008, was a practice squad player for the past two seasons (he spent his rookie season on injured reserve) and couldn't overcome consistent drops in the previous preseasons. His chances of making the team dropped significantly when undrafted rookie wide receiver LaQuan Williams continued to impress this preseason.

Ed Anger

Hay Seedy, does it look like Justin Boren is going to make the squad?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

I know it's just preseason, and that the Lions aren't the team they were in 2008, but it still makes me very happy to watch Detroit beat New England 34-10.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Liep

Anyone got any experience with the NFL Gamepass? I need a new way of watching of watching the games this year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

ESPN over here kicks off the season proper with Pittsburgh @ Baltimore. :cool:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2011, 05:30:43 PM
Hay Seedy, does it look like Justin Boren is going to make the squad?

After the last round of cuts, they're at 81, so they've got 1 more cut to go.  Personally, considering their lack of depth on OL, especially at G, I think he'll make the team.  Might wind up on the practice roster during the season, but hey, at least it's a paycheck.